lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-07-2011, 10:48 AM   #1
crazyfish
Not Yet Wild

Default help with a 1999 ez go txt series cart

I'm new to having a golf cart. I purchased a 1999 ez go cart. I knew it needed a new battery, and controller. So I bought new crown batteries and an alltrax NPX 4834 controller. I also replaced all of the battery wires since the others were a little corroded. After I installed everything, I turned on the key and pressed the pedal and get nothing. The LED on the controller is not lighting up either. Any ideas what to check next? The solenoid? key switch? I'm just a little lost on all of it. Thanks in advance!! Oh, and love the forum!
crazyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-07-2011, 11:15 AM   #2
oletop
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: help with a 1999 ez go txt series cart

Have you looked at the sticky and the flow chart diagnostic?
oletop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:57 AM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Welcome to BGW.

I'm a newbie also and have a PDS cart, so I can't help you much with a series cart, but check out the Sticky:s.
There is a ton of good info there, including some wiring diagrams.

Hopefully, the first thing you did was charge the batteries. If not, do so before going any further.
While they are charging, check, double-recheck and triple-check your wiring.
Lots of expensive things go boom and release a lot of smoke if they are wired wrong.

Unless I'm mistaken, you don't know if anything was working when you got it, so the throttle, F/R switch and Motor are all unknowns.
The batteries are new and are most likely good if they were fully charged.
The controller is new, but might not be good if it was miss-wired and power was applied.

Be patient, break out the Digital Multimeter and be sure everything is doing what it is supposed to do and connected correctly before you turn on the key and push the throttle again.
Yeah, the flow chart will stipulate the key being on and the throttle depressed, but don't blindly poke and hope.

BTW: There is a break-In procedure to get the full potential out of new batteries.
Also, they may be called "Deep Discharge" batteries but the less you discharge them between recharges, the longer they last. (Excluding Break-In period)
Check water level at least monthly - Only add water to fully charged batteries - Only use distilled water.

Good Luck.
John
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:19 PM   #4
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Txt solenoid activation

power starts on the white wire on the 36+ of the battery pack.
Power travels to the charger receptacle, goes through a reed switch inside the receptacle and comes out on the red 12 gauge red wire. ( check for power here, 1st!)
the red wire travels back through the loom to the forward and reverse switch where it attaches to a micro.
The other side of that micro has a blue wire attached that runs under the cart to the front and arrives at the keyswitch.
The keyswitch then transfers power to a green wire which returns to the area of the forward and reverse switch.
The power then goes through a 4 pin molex connector and travels to the "pedal box" (located under the floorboard of the car) where it goes through a micro and comes out on another red wire.
That red wire comes back up to the controller/f&r area where it once again goes through the 4 pin molex connector and continues on to the small post of the solenoid.
The first step is to trace power along that path to make sure you are getting power to the solenoid.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO