lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-20-2011, 12:20 PM   #11
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Anyone fitted wheelsca brakes to Ezgo TXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiecart View Post
Hi Kernal, my cart does 33mph and while the mechanical disc brakes were better than the standard drum brakes they just do not cut it for stopping at these speeds. I have a full set (front & rear) wheelsca hydraulic brakes on the way soon from Scotty Scotty if you are reading this I am sooooooo waiting buddy
Thanks Aussie. So, other than their inadequacy for your speed where they reliable, quiet etc? I ask because I am considering them for my 20mph cart.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-20-2011, 01:00 PM   #12
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
Thanks Aussie. So, other than their inadequacy for your speed where they reliable, quiet etc? I ask because I am considering them for my 20mph cart.
kernal, I believe they will do fine for your cart, they say no speeds above 25mph on them, so if you are doing only 20 you should be good. I have installed them on my buddies cart and I can already tell the difference over stock and the cart isn't even done yet.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 03:28 PM   #13
aussiecart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
Kernel, the mechanical discs were better than the old brakes, however, I think I had a very slightly out of balance disc which no matter how many times we adjusted it I could not get rid on a noise.
aussiecart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 04:53 PM   #14
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

For squeal try this

http://www.brakeandfrontend.com/Arti...eal_habit.aspx
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:48 PM   #15
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiecart View Post
Kernel, the mechanical discs were better than the old brakes, however, I think I had a very slightly out of balance disc which no matter how many times we adjusted it I could not get rid on a noise.
The noise is what I've been fighting for years. I've learned to dial in the drum brakes fairly well but the squeaking drives me crazy. I've tried everything including blowing out the dust and sanding the drums/shoes etc. This summer I replaced everything with new and they are quiet for the moment but I am not confident of a permanent fix. I was hoping the discs would be the answer.

Aussie, husker and DOOmsman thanks for the response. I apologize for the hijack.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 06:29 PM   #16
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
There are 2 install issues and something to note I am aware of.

1st issue is the master cylinder mounting is a little fuzzy in the instructions. go ahead and toss the old brake cable return spring out and mount the master cylinder plunger directly to the ezgo bracket as shown.

Second issue is the brake bleeding. This has been the biggest hurdle in the install for most installers. I think part of the problem is that the master and the lines are so small, as is the reservoir. Hopefully, some of the guys who have made the install can shed some light on how they conquered this hurdle.

Lastly NOTE that the torque on the rear hub is 80-140 ft pounds. One person didn't see this note and stripped out the splines on the hub after about 6 months.

I personally have had 2 years of trouble free use on my set up and the small 7 inch set still stops the big cart on a dime.
What Scotty said. The work great. My cart has the small brakes but stops super good. A little fuzzy on the instructions for sure and the bleeding....man...what a pain, but once it's done they work great.

BTW...some of those brake pics look familiar, Scotty.
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO