lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-21-2011, 12:44 PM   #1
CenFlezgo
Not Yet Wild

Default 95 EZGO Medalist questions

1st time posting, but have spent the last couple of weeks reading the threads. I am in need of assistance on a few issues I'm having. 1st I have stripped my ezgo down to the frame and have forgotten how the charging cables hook back to the batteries (I know the layout and have basically put the batteries back together in the same pattern as they were in the cart), but I dont know if the white (with a reddish tint) wire from the charging plug goes to positive or negative? 2nd After stripping the cart down to the frame I noticed the driver side frame rail (outside) is completely rusted through and the whole dash frame appears to be bent back towards the seat some, so my question is does anyone have the exact degree of angle for the outside frame from the floor to the dash? (For that matter does anyone know where I can get a frame for cheap?) 3rd is I've done some research on motors and would like some 1st hand experience with wether I should purchase a new motor from D&D (Its their torque motor 170-004-0001) for a little under $500 or send my stock motor to be redone by PlumQuick for $250? (Currently I'm looking for more toque, as I have a 5" lift, 22" tires, back seat, and live around hilly terrain). I know with the D&D motor I also need to look at upgrading cables, controller, solenoid, & F&R switch.....but I'm probably goign to do these upgrades also before I can get the frame back together.
CenFlezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-21-2011, 01:01 PM   #2
CenFlezgo
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 95 EZGO Medalist questions

Seems my frame issues are similar to Gonks & Fishb's.....except I had to remove the rusted metal basically from the brake petal al; the way to the out side frame rail and about 2 feet of the outside rail itself!
Old 10-21-2011, 01:18 PM   #3
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

welcome to BGW. the red/white wire should run to the left side of the left micro switch on the f/r switch. it comes from the reed switch in the charger. many do away with this by running the wire directly from the first pos. in the pack to the micro. all this is viewde from the rear.

ok, just reread your post. if you mean the 8-10 ga. wire, it goes the positive. also, different motor or no, you need to repace all 13 cables on your cart. that alone will give you some more oomph. then on to hd f/r switch and hd soenoid, then a larger controller. after that, it is either 48v or motor, or both. i have done all but the motor on mine. good luck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scottys wiring.jpg (154.8 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg std. series wiring.jpg (83.5 KB, 13 views)
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 01:25 PM   #4
CenFlezgo
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Madoc, it looks like whoever had the cart before me just had the charging receptacle wires going straight to the batteries, so white to Positive, Black to negative............

Just received new 2ga wire set for batteries (to include the motor wires & controller wire)......

As for the controller, I'm looking for a 500 amp (probably non programmable if its cheaper) for this cart, but cant seem to find one for a Series cart.......is it just me and my limited search knowledge?
Old 10-21-2011, 01:27 PM   #5
CenFlezgo
Not Yet Wild

Also Madoc, what size lift (brand) do you have for yours? currently previous owner installed the cheap $100 lift (which is bent) and was looking at a Jakes 5" drop axle.......thoughts of the drop axle versus the drop spindle??
Old 10-21-2011, 01:44 PM   #6
fishb8
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Most of the site sponsors should have 500amp controllers. I would contact scottyb.
fishb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 02:23 PM   #7
CenFlezgo
Not Yet Wild

Pics of the project
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2011-10-08_16-57-46_170_800x600.jpg (45.8 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 2011-10-08_16-57-57_632.jpg (141.2 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 2011-10-08_16-58-09_335.jpg (140.4 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 2011-10-21_14-30-33_456.jpg (48.3 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 2011-10-21_14-30-48_100.jpg (100.0 KB, 15 views)
Old 10-21-2011, 04:54 PM   #8
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Holy Hot Pockets!! What lake did you fish that cart out of? jk bud.

Mine was in way worse condition than that. Lol look at the beginning of my build thread, youll see
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:54 PM   #9
CenFlezgo
Not Yet Wild

Trust me, I thought the same when I removed the body, guy who sold it to me just said it had a bad spring!!! Thankfully I ddint pay much for it, and now I have an excuse to buy a welder and start practicing.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:56 PM   #10
CenFlezgo
Not Yet Wild

I've been following your thread Colt (along with a few others), and rusted frames seem to be pretty common, mine just happens to be on the lower end........nothing like a "project"
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO