lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-30-2011, 07:46 PM   #21
j_verscheure
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 92 Club car was charged with key left on and in forward now wont move!

Well that explains it I had it backwards! I had the black stripe side negative side of diode on the red and white/black wires (positive side) and the other side of the diode (positive)on the yellow (negative wire) When I replaced the solenoid I hooked up the diode backwards and burned up the V-glide micro switch. That makes sense why the cart worked after the charger was hooked up with everything on when I jumped out the solenoid. The micro switch in the V-glide was not melted at that point. Tomorrow I will get a new micro switch, diode and resistor and put it on right this time and see what else might of got damaged. I will get new rod ends and replace them also!
j_verscheure is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-01-2011, 05:15 PM   #22
j_verscheure
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 92 Club car was charged with key left on and in forward now wont move!

Ok got everything bought and installed. I replaced the micro switch changed the rod ends and adjusted the v-glide and now the microswitch clicks on and off when the pedal is pressed and released. I turned the key on put it in forward and got the click in the solenoid but cart dont move. I tried reverse and it does nothing also! I think the controler might be burned out also. Is there a way to test it or to make sure I have power going to it?
Old 12-01-2011, 05:39 PM   #23
j_verscheure
Not Yet Wild

Where is #1 located on the controller?
Old 12-01-2011, 05:41 PM   #24
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

are there any test procedures up in the stickies?............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:28 AM   #25
j_verscheure
Not Yet Wild

Thanks I will check the controler I have is a Curtis PMC Model 1204 24-36 volts 275 Amps
Old 12-02-2011, 08:11 AM   #26
j_verscheure
Not Yet Wild

I did not find anything on testing the controler on a club car? I am fairly new to this site I clicked on electric club car and only saw the few stickys that were posted on the main page. That is where I got the wiring Diagram from! Am I overlooking where this page or link maybe on this site?
Old 12-02-2011, 08:14 AM   #27
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i,m not sure if its in there or not but hang in someone should be able to post up what to do for testing they just need to read this......now if it turns out you do need a controller this would be a good time to upgrade cause you can get a better unit for the price of the stock one..............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:35 AM   #28
j_verscheure
Not Yet Wild

Thank-you Shadowman!
I do have another controler but I don't know if it is any good. That is why I was looking to see if it could be tested. Its not that hard to change it out so I will do it anyway this morning to see what happens. I have the solenoid clicking now and none of the wires appear burned or weak but the cart is not moving.
I believe the controler burned up too when the charger got plugged in with the key on and in forward, especially after finding the Micro switch not working properly in the V-Glide because of the worn out rod ends not allowing the wiper to come All the way back.
Just if it still don't work want to be positive that it is the controler before I have to purchase a new one cause they are not cheap!
Old 12-02-2011, 09:00 AM   #29
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Controller testing is done at the main lugs. they are marked B+ B- M A2. You may or may not have A2 terminal. in any case it is not used in the test.
Small terminals are marked 1234. You may or may not have 4 terminal. In any case it is not used in the test.
When you press the gas peddle the voltage reading between B+ and M should increase from near 0 to full voltage.

Verify you have positive pack voltage to #1 when the solenoid clicks and you have pack voltage between B+ and B-. If yes and the cart does not run in this case I would say your controller is bad. It doesn't take much to fry them. Just the 60v from the charger can do it.

Just to clarify;
Lots of people charge carts in gear with the key on without a problem but, having the accelerator depressed to the point of activating the solenoid and controller was the problem here.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:45 AM   #30
j_verscheure
Not Yet Wild

Scottyb
Thanks Brother for the help and my Hats off to you my friend I did the test and it was as I suspected, the controler took a hit along with the solenoid! I did have another curtis 1204 stock controler I bought a while back for $75.00 in a yard sale. The guy upgraded his club car to 48 volts and said this was a working controler! Well it turned out it works and the club car is back up again! I do want to get another controler to have because I don't know how long this one will last. I'am sure it was the original one from his club car, so I am going to start looking for a deal! I have a beat up not pretty looking stock 36 volt club car with a 6 inch lift and 10-22-11 tires
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P200311_13.05_[02] (1024x768).jpg (712.5 KB, 11 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car