lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-30-2012, 05:58 PM   #11
toogood4ubalius79
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: How to test that the obc is bad on a 95 cc ds

job finished thanks to all (shadow man tahoe and steve and whomever helped me get this problem solved will take it for a run when i get out of shower... Do you guys no if the new obc had any upgrades i know it only turns the charger on to my understanding! that is a pretty pricey way to get turned on
toogood4ubalius79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-30-2012, 08:19 PM   #12
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

glad to hear its done, that OBC should be latest version....................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:59 PM   #13
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

. . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:21 PM   #14
toogood4ubalius79
Gone Wild
Club Car

batteries have been charging for 5 hours now.. they started on ten amps and now it is on 4 amps but my batteries have like 10.25 volts and some have 10 in them now why they are charging.. concern is the cart had 49.4 volts in them before i put new obc in and i didn't move the cart much.. so after the install i only back it up like a foot in each direction and then i plugged it in.. the charger kicked on to 14 amps then started down to ten in a couple of mins. my charger usually kicks on for 10 to 15 seconds checks up to zero then start the charge.. this time it didn't check to zero till about one minute is this normal being i new obc? i think my last new obc did the same thing.. please let know what you guys think.. batteries are all topped off with water and boiling isn't that good them boiling to a certain degree.. do i need to take cart for a ride then try the charge again or just wait and see.. i just don't want them to boil all night they are three years old t 890 that i keep up on the maint. to the tee! thanks in advance
Old 03-30-2012, 09:49 PM   #15
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Should only have enough DISTILLED WATER in battery to cover the plates . . overfill, and they will probably boil over . . . some "boiling" is normal and is actually "gassing" . . . if you are worried about leaving it on all night, unplug it for now, in the morning, take it for a little ride and then plug it back in while you can keep an eye on it so you don't worry . . . my charger never really "checks to zero" when I plug it in . . . but in the last stages of charge, it may sit at 2-4 amps for hours as it attempts to "equalize" the batteries . . .
Old 03-30-2012, 10:50 PM   #16
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

The grey OBCs never calibrate within 2-10 seconds and return to zero. They do it periodically over and over again throughout the charge cycle. When you saw it do it that once after a minute or so that was only the first of many. It's perfectly normal. What version is it just out of curiosity? It should say on the little sticker on the OBC.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:20 PM   #17
toogood4ubalius79
Gone Wild
Club Car

I think it said version 5.1 or something don't hold me to it I can let u know tomorrow morning for sure Is there a difference or a lemon in some models. Is that normal about my batteries getting up to 63 volts most of them was on 10.45 when charger was on 4 amps I had one on 10.27 could that be the reason the charger was still on. I think my last new obc did the same until I took it for a ride. My old obc wouldn't check if I plugged it in without moving cart I would have to back it up 20 yards or so and back forward to get the last two obc to do the 15 sec check to zero thanks tahoe And will Scotty digital meters work on my cart WITHOUT a reducer thanks again
Old 03-31-2012, 06:46 AM   #18
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Yes . . digital meter works without reducer . . it is self powered from the supply it is connect to . . . as for the 63v readings, my charger will kick up to about 63.5v during the last phase of the charge cycle, as witnessed by my digital meter . . .
Old 03-31-2012, 11:14 AM   #19
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

No lemons with the 5.x versions. Good stuff
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 02:32 PM   #20
toogood4ubalius79
Gone Wild
Club Car

It is ver. 5.1 Tahoe After I unplugged charger last night at 12 am I check the whole pack at 11 hours later they were at 51 volts So I drove cart for ten minutes and plugged back in and they are still charging two hours later at 4 amps so I going to keep a eye on them today charger should kick off hopefully. Just checked voltage of pack and it was 63.35 I ordered one of them meters from Scotty so I can do away with the bar meter. Thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car