lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-19-2012, 09:49 AM   #21
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Need Help Badly!!!

i have never seen f/r switch linkage like that. my 98 just has a bent rod. wish mine was like yoirs tho. maybe someone else has f/r linkage like that. that might help in identifying the year. another id point is that on 2001 1/2 and older the steering was firewall mounted and 2001 1/2 up the steering rack is mounted on the axle. maybe show us a pic of the body and front axle.

you can buy a new controller from mikes motor toys, a sponsor and a ez-go dealer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01037.jpg (183.0 KB, 0 views)
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-19-2012, 07:41 PM   #22
D-A
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Zlang, does your front crowl (front body part of the cart) have a black plastic trim that runs from one side, across the front to the other side? The EZGO logo is mounted in it (center front) If not it is newer than 95, if it does have the trim it is either a 94-95 medalist or a 93 and older Marathon.

If the front crowl is plastic it is 96 and up! Metal bodies are 95 and older!

Try to figure out where that clicking noise is coming from, besides what Johnnie typed it maybe the rear end, (gears in the center of the rear axle).

As for the "heatsink", mine looked liked yours, had issues with the bolts that mount it to the "splash panel" (tray like part of the cart which the heatsink and directional selector are mounted). Ihad to cut some, some broke off trying to unscrew them. Lubricate and try to remove. I had to drill out one or two and it was rough. You can retap or some can be drilled out larger and bolted with a lock nut.

Controllers are pricey, the heatsink, not so bad. I took everything off, stripped it down completely. Used a wire wheel on a drill or angle grinder to clean up all metal parts. My heatsink cleaned up great just using the wire wheel on a drill.

The rear wheelwells should have a plastic "fender liner" #71552-G02 driver's, pass-71551-G02 (95 Medalist part, might be the same for newer carts)

It may be worth calling around your local area to see if any cart shops would come out and service your cart. They would be able to tell you what's wrong with it for a $ and you could then DIY.

Johnnie, looked at the batteries today, didn't see any amp rating, they are
GC2's
D-A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:39 AM   #23
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

d-a you almost got it right about the medalist, but ez-go did produce some medalists past 95. mine is a 98 model, as verified by ez-go. i guess they were just using up extra bodies.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:25 PM   #24
D-A
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by madoc1 View Post
d-a you almost got it right about the medalist, but ez-go did produce some medalists past 95. mine is a 98 model, as verified by ez-go. i guess they were just using up extra bodies.
madoc, your 98 has a metal body? I've been mistaken all this time, I thought the metal body Medalist was only 94-95. Found this out today, see below! Thanks!

http://www.vintagegolfcartparts.com/...g=cat&ref=ezgo

First car was made in 1954.

In 1980 the top was extended from 48 inches to 54 inches, and the supports were changed from round to square. The X leg top was discontinued.

E-Z-GO Spirit was first built in 1986, a 2 seater, wrap around windshield and front bumper, with recessed head and tail lights.

E-Z-GO Liberty was first built in 1986, the same as the Spirit, but a 4 seater.

E-Z-GO Fleet was first built in 1986 and is the common golf course model.

E-Z-GO Freedom was first built in 1988 and included the lights.

From 1988 to 1994-1/2 the carts had two separate seat backs and no hand hold on the top. It had a plastic front bumper and a metal body. This is a Marathon Model

From 1994 to 1999 the steel bodied carts were the Medalist model. They had a single seat back with a hand hold in the top and a metal body. From 1996 and newer they made the plastic body cart named the TXT Model. This cart also had a single seat back.
Old 04-21-2012, 01:53 AM   #25
zlangdon
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok, I have the cart running, It doesnt make clicking noises except the normal you hear at takeoff. I have a few problems. My cart takes off fine but seems to drive fairly slow, I had my gps on it and it says about 6-7 mph only. I have a series cart and is a TXT, After taking some pics which I will attach in the next two posts it must be a series TXT between 96-2001.5 as it looks like the steering is firewall mounted. Im just wondering if this cart should be going faster, for some reason I think 12 mph is the norm. Now I know 48 volts are faster but I feel like this is a bit of a dog and Need to know if there is anything I can do to change this? Attached are the pics. I am into this cart for 1300 bucks being that I bought the cart for 500 and paid about 700 for parts and batteries. Now if only I could get the speed up. Really need the help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ironwood City-20120420-00013.jpg (152.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Ironwood City-20120420-00014.jpg (172.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Ironwood City-20120420-00015.jpg (128.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Ironwood City-20120420-00016.jpg (83.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Ironwood City-20120420-00017.jpg (75.6 KB, 0 views)
zlangdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:58 AM   #26
zlangdon
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Here are the rest of the pics , as i stated in the previous post, it just seems like I need to get a little bit more speed. I dont need a dragster but just looking for the 12 MPH its supposed to go? It takes off like every other electric cart Ive driven with good torque but just doesnt get up to speed, is there anything I can do. This is a 36 volt cart. I know i could just get a 48 volt cart but thats not what I want to do.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ironwood City-20120420-00021.jpg (106.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Ironwood City-20120420-00022.jpg (106.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Hurley-20120420-00018.jpg (110.4 KB, 0 views)
zlangdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:01 AM   #27
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Try reversing your S1 & S2 cables. Controller has a half speed reverse.

If that isn't it, we'll have to dig deeper.

Also: What is the black knob next to charger receptacle in Pic#3 of first set. A switch? What is it connected to?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:48 AM   #28
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

wow z, that is a great looking cart! i would start by making sure you have 4ga. cables (all 13) and that all of the connections are clean and tight. then check your voltages, both of the whole pack and each separate one. just one bad cell can slow you down. try using a dvm on each batt and then driving it a bit and see how much drop you see in each. if there is a bad one it will show up.

yeah, what is that black knob?
Old 04-21-2012, 03:27 PM   #29
D-A
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

If I'm not mistaken and I remeber right the blk knob when pulled out gives you "warp speed"! Just kidding!

Something else you may want to try for increasing your speed is- clean all wire connection to everything. Poor connections and/or corrosion will affect power!

From what I've read 48v is a bit faster but run time is short. (2 less batteries at 60lbs each=120lbs lighter)

Your cart looks great! I have about $2100 in mine and I got it free. Batts, tires, wheels = $1200
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GC pics 0011.jpg (167.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Golf cart pics 001.jpg (149.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-22-2012, 08:20 AM   #30
TheWiltz
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Zlangdon, stick with it. I spent 20+ hours trying to get mine running, and finally did. Now I'm positive I could repair Any problem my cart will have. And you have a good looking cart.
TheWiltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO