lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-29-2012, 07:35 PM   #1
L84DLAKE
Not Yet Wild

Default 93 Club Car starting issue

I recently acquired a 93 Gas Club Car - I have put in a new battery, fuel filter, fuel line, air filter, and spark plug... when I go to start the cart after it has set for more than a couple of minutes I press the gas pedal and I can hear a faint noise coming from the engine area... after about 10-20 seconds the cart starts up and drives just fine.

Any ideas on what could be causing this type of delay?

Thanks for the help -
L84DLAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-30-2012, 03:34 AM   #2
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Default Re: 93 Club Car starting issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by L84DLAKE View Post
I recently acquired a 93 Gas Club Car - I have put in a new battery, fuel filter, fuel line, air filter, and spark plug... when I go to start the cart after it has set for more than a couple of minutes I press the gas pedal and I can hear a faint noise coming from the engine area... after about 10-20 seconds the cart starts up and drives just fine.

Any ideas on what could be causing this type of delay?

Thanks for the help -
A couple of possibilities are 1, your starter belt is slack or worn out. In this situation the starter is spinning but eventually enough heat is generated that the belt finally grabs and the engine spins or 2, the brushes in the starter are worn down. Lift the seat and observe what is happening to the belt when the gas pedal is pushed with the cart in Maintenance mode.

FC
fastercarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:39 AM   #3
L84DLAKE
Not Yet Wild

thanks for the help - just one question, how do I put the cart into maintenance mode?
Old 04-30-2012, 06:47 AM   #4
joemama16341
Gone Wild

Club Car

Lift up the seat and on the back of the forward/reverse switch you will see a white round cam with three lumps that stick out. Grab the white round cam and gently pull it back and rotate it 180 degrees. This will allow it to run in neutral but not forward or reverse
joemama16341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:21 PM   #5
L84DLAKE
Not Yet Wild

thanks for all the information... it appears that when I try to go to the service mode the cart just does absolutely nothing when I step on the gas with the key in the on position... If I lift the little lever that is changed by turning the camber the cart then starts right up but tries to run... I decided to buy a started belt as they were only $10 - when I get the cart to attempt to start the motor is not spinning so I am guessing that it is the brushes in the starter/generator. So, if that is the case, is there a good post that I could use as a reference to see how to check and/or replace the brushes?

Again, thanks for the help with my questions
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car