lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-30-2012, 08:53 PM   #1
Grap1963
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 95 Club Car DS Starter does not shut off

The starter/generator on my 95 Club Car DS does not stop when I let off the accelerator unless I move the shifter to neutral or turn the key off, this must reset what ever is wrong as it does not come on until I have pushed on the accelerator again. I have disconnected all the micro switches while it is doing this and it still does not stop. I replaced the solenoid as I thought that may have been the problem but something is still keeping it energized.
Grap1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-30-2012, 10:22 PM   #2
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 95 Club Car DS Starter does not shut off

I have heard that people do this mod on purpose on the Club Cars. They unplug one of the micro switches in the black throttle box under the seat on the driver side that has the throttle cable running to it. Take the screw out and check for any loose wires.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 02:45 PM   #3
Grap1963
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I checked all the connections on all the micro switches and they are tight. What I am not really understanding is, if I unhook all the wires on the mcro switches while the starter/generator is still cranking why it is not shutting off until I put the shifter in neutral or turn the key off?
Old 06-03-2012, 06:53 PM   #4
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grap1963 View Post
I checked all the connections on all the micro switches and they are tight. What I am not really understanding is, if I unhook all the wires on the mcro switches while the starter/generator is still cranking why it is not shutting off until I put the shifter in neutral or turn the key off?
Bad kill micro or poor adjustment. Good connections mean nothing if the adjustment or switch is out of limits.

FC.
fastercarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:36 PM   #5
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Club Cars have e maintence mode. One way it kills your engine in neutral the other way it will ONLY run in neutral and kill it if you put it in any other gear. I don't remember which is the kill micro but it's not working right. Dig around on here and google and you can find which one it is.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:34 AM   #6
Grap1963
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the help, I had to order the micro ( it was the lower one in the throttle box)
Old 09-16-2012, 03:26 PM   #7
Grap1963
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

You guys are great!!! thanks for all the help, The 2 prong micro switch was bad and not completeing the ground for the kill switch. thanks again for all the help.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:25 PM   #8
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

That's great glad you found it!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car