lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-28-2012, 12:00 PM   #11
delagem
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Fitting a 36v Fwd/Reverse switch into a 48v Cart

Thought I would update this thread. While that Nivel 693 switch was able to work, the quality on it was terrible. Less than 2 weeks into the install, it began smoking in reverse. Soon after, it started having the same problem in forward. I pulled the switch, and this is what I found:

You can clearly see in this photo that the terminal buttons don't properly line up when in reverse; it's the same in forward. Only half of the button is making contact. Combined with the poor pouring of the bakelite where it sits higher than the copper bus bars, this switch is a fire waiting to happen.

On the advice of TahoeDawg, I ordered a Club Car 36v F&R Switch Assembly, part no. 1011997. Here it is pictured below:

Note that this switch doesn't have the smaller buttons like on the Nivel. The cam action is much more positive, the buttons align properly with the bus bars. The copper bus bars are slightly proud of the bakelite, as you would expect.

Overall it is of a much higher quality than the Nivel 693.

A quick 1 mile test drive at full throttle, and the wires and switch are all cool to the touch.

So, to summarize, the Nivel 693, although cheapest at $38, is not worth the effort. In my opinion it's downright dangerous.

The Club Car 1011997, at $44, is truly a better switch. Better than the OEM 48v switch, for that matter, with real copper bus bars.

Hope this helps someone!

Michael
delagem is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-28-2012, 03:25 PM   #12
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Fitting a 36v Fwd/Reverse switch into a 48v Cart

TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car