lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2012, 05:49 AM   #21
hbondurant
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Problem with Resistor cart 1986 EZ-GO Marathon

Now that I know what you are looking for, I have extras around and the contact and board would be $50 by paypal. I carry a lot of the old stuff (new-old stock) and sell at wholesale. rrgolfcart@bellsouth.net
hbondurant is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-02-2012, 09:01 AM   #22
rlw
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Location: Southeast Ohio -- "The Toenails of the Foothills of Appalachia"

Mybad (Dave),

I get parts at a local SE Ohio EZGO dealer.

As far as 4 gauge cables, I made up my own - bought a $40 20 foot set of 4 gauge jumper cables at O'Reilly Auto Parts, and got 30 4 gauge lugs for about $1.30 each (boxes of 10) from the same place. They had to order the lugs, but they were there the next day. I cut the wire, stripped 3/4" from each end and tinned the copper, then held the lug in a pair of vice grips and filled it with molten solder. I tinned the lugs that will be contacting the batteries. Post #11 in this thread has photos of the results.

RLW
rlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:00 PM   #23
bonduranth
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Increasing the wire size to 4awg will only increase your torque. You have to increase VOLTAGE, change rear gear ratio, or put on bigger tires for more speed.
bonduranth is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO