lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-28-2012, 09:19 PM   #1
zx104u2nv
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Riding in GA

Ok, let me start off by this is just my personal experience from this week.
I now have a tagged and titled LSV "golf cart" that we took to Ft. Mountain, GA state park and I spoke to the park ranger there about the rules. He was VERY nice and helpful. He said that since my cart was tagged and street legal we could ride it anywhere that was 30mph or less and was no problem. I asked him about our 18 month old and told him we had a car seat in the back seat for her and he said that was fine or to have the car seat in the front. He said that this has never been brought up before so he didn't really know the answer but since he was the park manager I was talking to the right person there.
However he stated that beginning July 1st this year the rules are changing and as long as the carts meet all the states (GA) requirements that you can ride them in the state parks w/o being tagged.
We then went to Stone Mountain and was told by a local here that the stated rule above is actually already in effect, so maybe that's just for the state parks. We actually rode all over Stone Mountain with this other individual in their cart as well that wasn't tagged and never had one problem. The greatest posted speed in Stone Mountain is 30 mph so you can ride EVERYWHERE. We even passed by police and not once was ever questioned or given a hard time. It was very cool to be able to ride around and not have to take the truck everywhere.
zx104u2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-28-2012, 09:33 PM   #2
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Riding in GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx104u2nv View Post
Ok, let me start off by this is just my personal experience from this week.
I now have a tagged and titled LSV "golf cart" that we took to Ft. Mountain, GA state park and I spoke to the park ranger there about the rules. He was VERY nice and helpful. He said that since my cart was tagged and street legal we could ride it anywhere that was 30mph or less and was no problem. I asked him about our 18 month old and told him we had a car seat in the back seat for her and he said that was fine or to have the car seat in the front. He said that this has never been brought up before so he didn't really know the answer but since he was the park manager I was talking to the right person there.
However he stated that beginning July 1st this year the rules are changing and as long as the carts meet all the states (GA) requirements that you can ride them in the state parks w/o being tagged.
We then went to Stone Mountain and was told by a local here that the stated rule above is actually already in effect, so maybe that's just for the state parks. We actually rode all over Stone Mountain with this other individual in their cart as well that wasn't tagged and never had one problem. The greatest posted speed in Stone Mountain is 30 mph so you can ride EVERYWHERE. We even passed by police and not once was ever questioned or given a hard time. It was very cool to be able to ride around and not have to take the truck everywhere.
Sounds like a great time...
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:02 AM   #3
kellybell
So wild it hurts!

E-Z-GO

I like Stone Mountain. I have been several times. There is a great car museum there. Good place to ride, but I never took my cart there................
kellybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:37 AM   #4
kellybell
So wild it hurts!

E-Z-GO

Did U go to the lake that is there?
Old 06-30-2012, 09:44 AM   #5
wbwood
Getting Wild

Club Car

Awesome. I think there should be more of a push for golf arts to be utilized on secondary lower speed roads all across the U.S. I don't necessarily see a need for all the provisions that need to be met for a golf cart to be LSV. Yes restrict the speed of them, restrict that they be used during daylight hours unless they have lights/brake lights and etc. But some of the stuff I think is a little crazy. Sure would knock down some gas consumption and be better for air pollution. Actually would be nice if more towns were golf cart friendly like Peachtree City, Georgia.
wbwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:36 AM   #6
mj202073
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I live about 30-45 minutes from Stone Mountain so this is great news! I love that place, used to go all the time. I live in Covington, where riding on the streets (35mph and under) is legal, we were talking about hosting some events here like cart parades, shows, fund raisers, etc. Anyone that would be interested, send me a message. Next time you go to Stone Mountain, let me know, we love riding with other folks.
mj202073 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:39 AM   #7
kellybell
So wild it hurts!

E-Z-GO

Id be interested! The laws in Norcross, where I live are the same.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:49 AM   #8
Kingman
Gone Wild

Hi

Being that my new residence will be near Stone Mountain how do you transport your cart?

None of my car's has a hitch and if l did l would hate to give up a garage
Space.

Is there anything that l can rent?

Thanks

Alan
Kingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:50 AM   #9
kellybell
So wild it hurts!

E-Z-GO

I dont have a truck, and I am stuck inside my 25 mph subdivision.
Old 06-30-2012, 03:50 PM   #10
zx104u2nv
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellybell View Post
Did U go to the lake that is there?
The lake at Stone Mountain or Ft. Mountain? We did go to the lake at Ft Mountain and it felt GREAT and the girls loved it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingman View Post
Hi

Being that my new residence will be near Stone Mountain how do you transport your cart?

None of my car's has a hitch and if l did l would hate to give up a garage
Space.

Is there anything that l can rent?

Thanks

Alan
I actually have a 2500HD that I load the cart in the back and then pull our camper. I'll try to load a pic in a few.
zx104u2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car