lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2012, 12:25 PM   #41
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: do i have bad batteries

It could. It would be one of three tests. Voltage, specific gravity, and load.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-02-2012, 01:45 PM   #42
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

If you have a digital (or analog) volt meter, you could hook up one battery at a time and measure each one while climbing the same hill.

A more dangerous way would be to remove the seat and have a buddy take the measurements while you drive. If you have no hills, you can try and do this while braking slightly, to add load.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:31 AM   #43
deerhunter88
Getting Wild

I got a hydrometer from NAPA and almost all of the cells in the entire battery pack showed less than 25%. NAPA is swapping out the batteries today with some from a different batch. What would cause all the batteries to be that low? Could they not have got an initial charge coming from the factory? Still confused why my charger showed full charge but the batteries were still so weak.
deerhunter88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:53 AM   #44
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerhunter88 View Post
I got a hydrometer from NAPA and almost all of the cells in the entire battery pack showed less than 25%. NAPA is swapping out the batteries today with some from a different batch. What would cause all the batteries to be that low? Could they not have got an initial charge coming from the factory? Still confused why my charger showed full charge but the batteries were still so weak.

The charger monitors total pack voltage. If one battery won't come up then it pours in the charge until the others come up high enough in voltage to make up the difference needed to reach the sum total of the preset cut off limit .... about 63v in this case.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:14 PM   #45
deerhunter88
Getting Wild

Definatly had some bad batteries. Put the new ones in and the charger is working as it should.
deerhunter88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:34 PM   #46
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

That can happen!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO