lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-05-2012, 09:23 AM   #1
PineApple Express
Not Yet Wild

Default Man I Feel STUPID!

Ok I have a Western Golf Car. Its a EZ GO frame, well we use this golf cart at the track so the wife and her friends can drive around and get to the starting line. I always forget to check the fuel as it is used on once a month. It was last summer when I changed the oil and cleaned the oil filter. So fast forward to 3 weeks ago and I was in the staging lanes and she tells me the cart died and starting to backfire thru the carb. I make the run and a friend helps as I think the cart is out of gas. Still does not run and pops thru the carb. Push it into our trailer and I am thinking electrical problems and prob the ignition system. I park our 48 foot trailer on Sunday morning and on schedule a Tuesday off work to take the cart to a repair shop. The cart is in our garage. Wake Tuesday morning to find some low life stole our truck, trailer with our race car not tied down in the trailer that is parked on the side of our home. So things got very busy and I didn't have much time to think, I started to do more reading while spreading the theft on the internet. While looking at the electrical drawings I noticed a "oil pressure switch" in line with the ignition system. The next afternoon in the garage I check the oil..... Yup the dip stick was dry! I fill the motor with some 40 weight oil and she runs fine.... Boy I feel stupid! BUT I save a bunch of money not taking it to the golf cart repair shop.

Moral: Don't forget to check the oil if your having problems....

Chuck
PAE

Oh one good thing.... The truck, trailer and race car was found. Truck had normal punched out locks and ignition switch. Race car was intact. Scumbags were videoed in the daytime taking 1-1/2 hours to park it with witnesses watching. All my tools were taken and 2 generators. I am happy I got most of the stuff back.

PineApple Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-05-2012, 09:51 AM   #2
EZGOCrazy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Man I Feel STUPID!

Nice Car and Cart! Yeah man,sometimes the simplest things we overlook.Glad you got your stuff back though.
EZGOCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:18 PM   #3
TheWiltz
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Man I Feel STUPID!

yep its the little things. this weekend i took my four wheeler out, checked the gas gauge... Full. ok lets go. after 5 minutes it started sputtering. darn, what now. checked my fuel shut off, cause that is a fun game we play at the camp. still open.

Open the gas cap, almost empty! oh well i guess my fuel gauge is broken. ran on reserve for a while then went to fill up. while filling i was looing at the gauge to see why it wasnt working. the needle was barried to the left on full, corrrect?

NO , I was reading the guage backwards!!! big dummy! added fuel and fixed all the problems.
TheWiltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO