lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-24-2012, 04:48 PM   #1
Silverstreak
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Tightening things up

As you might remember, I'm not real mechanical. Is there anything under the front of the cart that shouldn't be tightened up?

Also, if I'm starting to feel a little resistance when I turn the steering wheel to the left, what should I look for? I've noticed the thing it is attached to under the cart (looks like a shock absorber, sort of)....Might that need replaced? Is that something I can do myself (as an older, arthritic woman)? I can probably do it, but I might not ever get up again.

Sure would be great to have a lift for the cart (and for me too haha). I imagine those things are pretty expensive.
Thanks!
Silverstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-24-2012, 05:27 PM   #2
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Tightening things up

It might help if we, (I), knew what you were talking about. Is the "shock absorber" looking item on this page?
http://www.shopezgo.com/golf-cart/St...Steering-Boxes
chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:27 PM   #3
Silverstreak
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I don't see anything on the page that looks like what I'm talking about. I'll look around for a picture of it, or try to take a picture of it.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:00 PM   #4
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

There are two shock absorbers on the front of your cart. They are installed vertically and are hidden behind a plastic cover. They attach at the top to the body frame and at the bottom to the axle beam.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:16 PM   #5
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm going to take a wild guess here and say she's talking about the steering rack. It sort of looks like a shock absorber mounted horizontally. I would start by greasing the two front spindles ( each one has a grease fitting ) and some of the other steering components have grease fittings. Also make sure your tire pressures are correct. I'm not sure if the steering rack is greaseable ( some are, some aren't ), but look around the bottom of the column and there may be a grease fitting there. These items should correct your problem, but if not, it was not money wasted, as these are normal maintenance items!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:42 PM   #6
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

That's what I thought too. But she says it doesn't look anything like any of those on the EZGO web site.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:16 AM   #7
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

If you haven't done so, download the Owners, Service, and Parts manuals from the stickies. While they look technical and intimidating, they are fairly straight forward. With these manuals in hand, you may find a neighbor who can help, if something's a little too technical.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:16 AM   #8
Silverstreak
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks everyone!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO