lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-07-2012, 02:37 PM   #21
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: How to hook up a 48 to 12 voltage converter...

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyb04 View Post
Thanks man. So is it correct with the yellow wire and red wire from radio go together and then hook to one of the 12 volt batteries on the positive post?
No. The red wire out of your radio goes to the yellow wire out of your converter. The yellow wire out of your radio is for your radios memory and needs a constant 12v if you want to retain your presets. If so, then connect that yellow wire to the pos post of battery #4.

You want to feed your radio 12v from the converter. This is the reason for the converter so you take 48v and convert it to 12v so it drains your battery pack evenly.

Did you look at the diagram I posted in post 19?
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-07-2012, 04:17 PM   #22
codyb04
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by erict View Post
No. The red wire out of your radio goes to the yellow wire out of your converter. The yellow wire out of your radio is for your radios memory and needs a constant 12v if you want to retain your presets. If so, then connect that yellow wire to the pos post of battery #4.

You want to feed your radio 12v from the converter. This is the reason for the converter so you take 48v and convert it to 12v so it drains your battery pack evenly.

Did you look at the diagram I posted in post 19?
Let me rephrase...i have the red wire and yellow wire connected together from radio goes out and i have those hooked together then running to positive post on battery one.. i looked at the diagram and the only difference that i have is the yellow wire from converter i have attached with red wire coming from radio attach to positive post on battery one...i tried just hooking the red wire up from converter to 48 v side of battery 4....black to negative of battery one... and the yellow wire connected to red from radio but was not getting any power to radio. So i hooked it to battery one positive post and it worked...

Last edited by codyb04; 08-07-2012 at 04:22 PM.. Reason: phone downloaded diagram finally
codyb04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:54 PM   #23
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyb04 View Post
Let me rephrase...i have the red wire and yellow wire connected together from radio goes out and i have those hooked together then running to positive post on battery one.. i looked at the diagram and the only difference that i have is the yellow wire from converter i have attached with red wire coming from radio attach to positive post on battery one...i tried just hooking the red wire up from converter to 48 v side of battery 4....black to negative of battery one... and the yellow wire connected to red from radio but was not getting any power to radio. So i hooked it to battery one positive post and it worked...
Wrong. Lets start over.

Battery #1 is drivers side front
Battery #4 is passanger side front.

Now, connect red wire from converter to positive post of battery #1. Then connect black wire from converter to negative post of battery #4. Next, connect yellow wire from converter to red wire of your radio. Next, connect black wire from radio to negative side of battery #4. Test and report back.

Here is your converter on ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Voltage-Redu...item19c4343453
Old 08-08-2012, 05:32 AM   #24
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

. . . 3 wires . . 3 pages . . 23 posts . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:42 AM   #25
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
I know.....
Old 08-08-2012, 02:26 PM   #26
codyb04
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
No point in being a smart *** about it.....not everyone knows everything......thats the point of asking....
codyb04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 02:26 PM   #27
Dingleberry
Getting Wild

Club Car

At the risk of ridicule, can I ask, is there a way to hook these voltage reducers into the existing wiring harnesses on the 2004-2008 Precedents in order to use them with... say... a headlight/taillight package using the existing wiring?
Dingleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:42 PM   #28
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingleberry View Post
At the risk of ridicule, can I ask, is there a way to hook these voltage reducers into the existing wiring harnesses on the 2004-2008 Precedents in order to use them with... say... a headlight/taillight package using the existing wiring?
Yes there is. I assume you have 4 12v batteries?
Old 08-09-2012, 04:53 PM   #29
Dingleberry
Getting Wild

Club Car

Yes 4x12. I think I read somewhere about connecting the batteries to wires in that center console in the battery well on the older Preci's. Can one just connect the "+" and "-" of the reducer output instead and have hot and cold running 12v through the existing wiring harness, instead of sucking 12v from a single battery?
Dingleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:59 PM   #30
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingleberry View Post
Yes 4x12. I think I read somewhere about connecting the batteries to wires in that center console in the battery well on the older Preci's. Can one just connect the "+" and "-" of the reducer output instead and have hot and cold running 12v through the existing wiring harness, instead of sucking 12v from a single battery?
You would hook your reducer/converter up to the whole pack. Then you would disconnect the blue wire that is connected to the positive post of battery #4 and connect that to the 12v out on your converter. The lights are already wired to ground to the B- of the controller in the battery bucket.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car