lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-17-2012, 06:34 AM   #1
jbarber
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Conversion

New to the site. Have a 86 Marathon complete rebuild last year. Found a 1990 three wheel ezgo for $125 with charger, was thinking of converting my 86 resistor cart using the 90 parts solid state parts un upgrading controler and other parts. Question is it worth the time and $$$. Everything on the 90 cart looks in good shape no batteries though to see if it even ran. Pick up the cart today and will blow the dust off and see what i got.
jbarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-17-2012, 09:09 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Conversion

You can do it, it will require some modification. Notice that motor location is different on the 2 carts, this will effect the install.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:55 AM   #3
jbarber
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Scotty I saw your conversion kit on you web site. Sounds like this is the way to go on coverting my 86 resistor cart. What controller do you recomend? and any other parts I might need to complete project. Cart is used on hilly golf course and flat ground on my property. Thanks for your help on this.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:59 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Ezgo used a 350 amp control on the Marathon, they used a 275a control on the TXT due to it's lighter weight.

A 400a Alltrax is a good match for golf and around home use. I have a 400 alltrax, 200 HD sol, and potentiometer in conversion component kit #C42 for $585
Old 08-17-2012, 10:15 AM   #5
jbarber
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Approx: $800 bucks will do the conversion? and that will get everything I need to complete it or are there other parts that I will need. Sorry for all the questions but sounds to GOOD be be that affordable, and that easy to install. I will trust you on this conversion, it looks like you have been doing this for quite awhile, and me for only a few years. The cart has a 4 inch lift and has 22X11X10 tires on it. Runs great but not many upgrade options for a resistor cart as I am sure you are aware of. Thanks agin for your reply
Old 08-17-2012, 08:53 PM   #6
jbarber
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hey Scotty still wiating to hear from you on the total cost, and what else I might need to complete the conversion. Your kit looks good but what other cost is there......please let me know I am very intrested in this conversion.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:33 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Sorry I was out ..... okay all the stuff I'm going to list here is on my website so you can check it out and read up while I am away most of this weekend.
For an Ezgo conversion from resistor coil to Solid state speed control you will need my Throttle conversion and hardware kit $199
You will also need one of the component pkgs like C42 = speed controller, solenoid, & potentiometer. $585 See those things here > http://cartsunlimited.net/Scottyb_s_Conversion_Kit.html
That is everything you will need from me if you make your own cables. Cost $784
I offer discounted cable sets with the kit Regularly $219 for $189 (a $30 savings)
And you can upgrade to bigger component packages too, like the popular 500 amp C52 for big tires and off road use. You can choose 36 or 48v when ordering the component packages. and I have a 48v charger for just $285 with a plug to fit your cart......I also offer Heavy Duty F&Rs and digital battery meters
I hope this helps... If you or somebody else has questions about this or the other Solid state speed control conversion kits for other brands and models just shoot me an email at scottyb@cartsunlimited.net.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:50 AM   #8
jbarber
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Scotty for all the info. You will be hearing from me on this conversion kit and the other items that you talked about. This seems Guess I will fix the 90 cart the better way to go thane using the parts form the 1990 cart I just bought. Guess I will fix the 90 cart up a sell it to a co-worker who has been looking for cart.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:44 AM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

That makes more sense...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO