lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-07-2012, 09:59 AM   #11
RSP
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 2006 EZ Go TXT exhaust

you should be able to hear any leaks in the exhaust system, I`m lost, I have no more ideas...............sorry
RSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-21-2012, 10:25 PM   #12
Heli.clay@gmail.com
Not Yet Wild

Well hell. I bought a new carb today just in the hopes that it would fix the issue. No luck. I'm at a loss :-(

I just want to be able to ride my golf cart without smelling like exhaust.
Heli.clay@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:36 AM   #13
RSP
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Does the cart run strong?, reason i ask is, wonder if something is plugging up the exhaust. wish you had another muffler laying around
Old 11-23-2012, 12:17 AM   #14
Heli.clay@gmail.com
Not Yet Wild

It does run strong. I've been racking my brain and its got me.
Old 11-23-2012, 04:01 AM   #15
rvkersh
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Does your car have a solid wind shield? A solid wind shield will create a back draft behind you and you will smell exhaust. To fix this issue you will need to get a split wind shield or install a rear window. I had this problem with mine and on my utv as well.
rvkersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:53 AM   #16
Heli.clay@gmail.com
Not Yet Wild

No sir
Old 11-30-2012, 06:56 PM   #17
RSP
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

where are you located? maybe somebodys close two brains might be better than one
Old 12-02-2012, 02:41 PM   #18
Heli.clay@gmail.com
Not Yet Wild

I'm just south of Houston
Old 01-02-2013, 11:35 PM   #19
ThatGuyJake
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Heli, did you ever get anything figured out with your cart? I've been having the same issue. My buddy suggested the issue with something being clogged in the muffler. I heard pitching it on a camp fire then beating the hell out of it, can clean that out.

Anyway, ever remedy your problem?
ThatGuyJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:03 PM   #20
rutro
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Just a thought here........ I've been messing arround with small engines all my life. Lately it's been v-6 Mercury boat motors, big 2-cycle carb boat motors. They can carbon up real bad at times and that causes a multitude of problems. I'm just wondering if that's what is going on with some of these 4-cycle cart motas. Since they decided to up the ethanol in our fuel bad things have been happening to the boat motors because of phase separation when untreated fuel sets to long. But that should not affect the 4-cycle motas as bad. What I've learned though is to treat all fuel with a stabilizer and to run some SeaFoam in the boat gas to remove the carbon build up from the heads and rings. Made my ol'Merc run like a new motor. The carbon build up can hurt the 4-cycle motors also. Cause valves to not seat right and sticky rings are never good. Like I said ........ just a thought.
As I was posting this it occured to me that I have a 4-cycle motor that needs to be de-carbed on a regular basis. It's the Onan generator motor in the motorhome. It's a two cylinder 4-cycle carb. motor that is governed for speed so that it runs the same rpm under a varring load. Does this sound familiar.......... It's got a muffler that has a half inch plug in it that needs to be removed every so often to blow the carbon build up out. Then it's got to be fogged with a de-carb spray to clean the heads and rings.........
rutro is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO