lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-23-2013, 06:58 PM   #1
Roaddog286
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default I think I was wrong ScottyB??

I said my marathon was an 89. After further review I think its a 94!! It was the cool homemade truck bed that threw me for a loop. You tell me
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ride1.jpg (52.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ride2.JPG (46.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ride3.JPG (43.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ride4.JPG (43.3 KB, 0 views)
Roaddog286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-23-2013, 07:01 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: I think I was wrong ScottyB??

Yup! I told you 89 would have been resistor coil drive... nice up grade
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:11 PM   #3
Roaddog286
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I WISH THEY WERE ALL THAT EASY AND COST EFFECTIVE!!! Now if you please, what size lift and tire size would you upgrade to???
Old 01-23-2013, 07:37 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Depends
Old 01-23-2013, 07:39 PM   #5
Roaddog286
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Enlighten me. It will see minor off-road use, mostly on hard road, no need for speed, and it's for my girls. What else do you need to know?
Old 01-23-2013, 07:49 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I have a little Ezgo for my wife. I put 20" knobby tires on the rear. They are the biggest you can put on without a lift. I took my lift money and upgraded the electronics. Thing runs great, I let her drive it when she wants to

If you like lifted carts, you can put 22" tires under a 4" Jakes lift kit, They change the rear end gearing about 30% which results in a loss of torque, you need a 400a controller just to get back to golf mode with those tires.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:55 PM   #7
Roaddog286
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

This is my plan. However misguided it may be.... The batteries are older but test out well. I'm gonna srip it down to the frame to deal with a little welding on the frame. 4" lift with 20" tires. I didnt want to go with to tall a tire and rob alotta torque. 4ga cables and a bandit motor. Gonna repaint it to preserve it. This is well within my budget for now. Latter wanna get a new battery pack. You tell me how crazy I am.. Or misguided.....
Old 01-23-2013, 07:59 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog286 View Post
This is my plan. However misguided it may be.... The batteries are older but test out well. I'm gonna srip it down to the frame to deal with a little welding on the frame. 4" lift with 20" tires. I didnt want to go with to tall a tire and rob alotta torque. 4ga cables and a bandit motor. Gonna repaint it to preserve it. This is well within my budget for now. Latter wanna get a new battery pack. You tell me how crazy I am.. Or misguided.....
You can put 20s on it without a lift kit. Have you driven it? Are you happy with the performance? Even 20s are a 10% in gear ratio.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:12 PM   #9
Roaddog286
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Man it flies. Just kiddin, runs about 15mph as is. Gotta a crappy set of cables on it. Ran it about 15 miles Sunday and nothin got very hot but the motor. It wasnt too hot, just warm. Would like a little more out of it than that, however a new controller isnt in the budget for now. Would like to go with a 22" tire but I was afraid it would get really mad going up hills. Prolly gonna keep it 36 volts as well. Was kinda hoping to lay out a good foundation to build on for now. I'm always upgrading everything I have. So to answer your questions, Yes its been driven alot and no I'm not happy....
Old 01-23-2013, 08:45 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog286 View Post
Man it flies. Just kiddin, runs about 15mph as is. Gotta a crappy set of cables on it. Ran it about 15 miles Sunday and nothin got very hot but the motor. It wasnt too hot, just warm. Would like a little more out of it than that, however a new controller isnt in the budget for now. Would like to go with a 22" tire but I was afraid it would get really mad going up hills. Prolly gonna keep it 36 volts as well. Was kinda hoping to lay out a good foundation to build on for now. I'm always upgrading everything I have. So to answer your questions, Yes its been driven alot and no I'm not happy....
You should be very happy with 15 mph. 11 to 14 is average.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO