lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-24-2013, 08:19 PM   #1
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Flip #2 picked up 02 Club Car

Hey guys I appreciate all the input I get from this forum!

You got to love Craig's List! I sold my 04 Precedent and made enough for new batteries and extra for my personal 03 DS. But then hey I started thinking my DS batts might make it another 3 or so months so maybe I should pick up another cart and flip one again.

I found this 02 DS IQ and I got it for $600 + $70 in diesel fuel. The batteries are US Batts stamped 9 D so I think they are exactly 4 yrs old. It took 1.5 gallons to fill them above the plates. I think the cart has been sitting for a long time. Individual batts would only read 2 volts? The charger wouldn't come on the 02, a buddy of mine gave me an idea. I jumped cart to cart full pack to full pack with battery cables. The charger came on, so I have the carts jumped and both chargers running. I have no clue what I'm doing so I hope this works. I thought maybe the controller was dead on the 02 but it does move when jumped from the other cart.
Whish me luck again, my goal is to have it gone in a month.
Thanks,
Steve
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20130424_210031.jpg (129.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20130424_210058.jpg (109.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20130424_210116.jpg (108.8 KB, 0 views)
caokgafamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-24-2013, 08:29 PM   #2
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Flip #2 picked up 02 Club Car

I know my 03 wasn't fully charged it started at 10 amps and after an 2 hrs it has dropped down to 2 amps. The 02 started out at 15 amps and it's down to 2 amps also. After 30mins I disconected the jumper cables and the 02 charger turned off. Now after 2 hrs it stays on but only reads 0 amps when jumper cables are off.

Any thoughts?
Steve
Old 04-24-2013, 08:37 PM   #3
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'm starting to see a little movement in some of the US battery cells, but they are probably toast.

Am I going to wreck/hurt anything by jumping the carts pack to pack and charging both at the same time? My 03 will obviousy shut off before the 02.

Thanks,
Steve
Old 04-24-2013, 09:15 PM   #4
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well now the 02 charger is staying on by it self and its reading about 4 amps.

The cart is basically stock except for the cut in lights that work, off road knoby tires and the rear seat. I figured between the rear seat the knoby tires and the cut in lights thats about $400 in extra's. I did notice the controller has a black plastic cover over it.
Steve
Old 04-24-2013, 09:31 PM   #5
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

My wife thinks I'm crazy because I drove 300 miles round trip to get this cart, the guy wanted $800 at 1st. My 1st offer was $400, I guess I'm a low balling turd?
Steve
Old 04-25-2013, 05:58 AM   #6
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

Amazing batts, after going to bed with the charger only reading 3 amps I found it this morning at 15 amps. Each cell is alive and bubbling a little.
Steve
Old 04-25-2013, 06:26 AM   #7
monepit
Getting Wild
Club Car

What a deal. I'd have jumped on that one. I paid 600 for my 01 in the Same state. Without the lights and rear seat. That was another 400. Since I was going to keep mine I just bought new batteries. It runs great. Your wife will sing a different tune when you make 500 bucks.
monepit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:34 AM   #8
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks monepit, hope to make more than $500 though. My 03 needs new batts, disc brakes, long roof, winch, new tires, Scotty B cables and new lights.

I was thinking about canabalizing all the good stuff on the 02 and put on the 03. Mainly roof and body?

My 03 is kinda rough but the bedliner paint hides everything. I'm trying to see if the 02 has a reducer that runs the cut in lights?

Steve
Old 04-25-2013, 09:18 AM   #9
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Your batteries are probably badly sulphated if they sat discharged. If you charge them long enough they will take a charge but you will not be happy with the performance. You will probably have to replace them.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:59 AM   #10
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

Since this morning the amps are now at 10 on the charger.
Steve
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car