lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-28-2013, 09:28 AM   #1
Tbinkley3
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default 2004 CC DS suddenly stopped moving

I'm back with my 2nd build and am a point where I need a little direction. Bought a 2004 CC DS Series cart. Cart is very fast and always aggressively lurched at take off in both forward and reverse. No smooth throttle at all. Carts serial # AA409-372167. Has a 700 Amp GE FS Motor Controller. All wiring appears to be 4g. Cannot ID the motor as there are no labels on it all. Cart has 12" rims with low pro tires. Batteries are US8VGC dated D9.

Cart was running fine (except for the severe lurching at initial throttle) and did so for a week or two and then just quict running. Got oof of it and when I got back on a few minutes later it wouldnt move. Towed it home, put it on the charger and there she stayed for about a month then I noticed the charger wasnt kicking on. She sat that way for another month. I put a trickle charger on her last week and after a few days I plugged the carts smart charger into her and she started charging.

She still won't move ( I hear the clicking sound when I press the gas). I have been on the site now for about 2 weeks researching both the forum and the stickies. I need to start testing components and would appreaciate any thoughts you guys may have. I've attached some pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6591controller.jpg (28.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg batterypack.jpg (189.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ForRevSwitch.jpg (160.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg RearCowlRemoved.jpg (144.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Selenoid.jpg.jpg (136.6 KB, 0 views)
Tbinkley3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-28-2013, 09:45 AM   #2
Tbinkley3
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2004 CC DS suddenly stopped moving

Can anyone provide instructions (step by step) on how to test the Throttle Output? Step by step including providing the correct setting to use with my DMM (see pic)?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DigitalMultimeterDT830B.jpg (52.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-29-2013, 09:48 AM   #3
Tbinkley3
Getting Wild

Club Car

Bump
Old 04-30-2013, 01:29 PM   #4
Tbinkley3
Getting Wild

Club Car

Bump
Old 04-30-2013, 08:38 PM   #5
Tbinkley3
Getting Wild

Club Car

Replaced 2 bad batteries. No more Amber light during charging. Charging normally. Will check the Pack after charged 100% + 12 hrs. Got the Service Manual on-line...smart move. Ordered new OBC just in case (it was a steal on Ebay). Contacted Robbey at PQ...smart move. Testing of components will continue until she is running again. Since she is pretty much stripped down...I'm going to take my time and spruce her up.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:23 AM   #6
Tbinkley3
Getting Wild

Club Car

So to date here is what I've found and done. 2 bad batteries replaced. 6 gauge wires replaced with 2 gauge wires. Solenoied had a fryed diode and wasn't an HD Solenoid. Ordered the HD Solenoid that Scottyb offers on his site. Cart has a 700 amp GE FS controller that was mounted so that you couldn't get to the 3 holes to adjust the thing. Remounted to provide access as well as leave clearance for the new Solenoid to fit. Cart has a 36V F/R and I'm going to leave it until I see if the new Solenoid actually gets the cart running again. If not then the issue is either in the micro-switches, the F/R switch, the MCOR or the FS controller. Ordered under carriage blue LED's and a new Sport windshield. If the cart runs once I replace the Solenoid then I'll go ahead and upgrade the F/R switch,add new Trojan batteries and a PQ Assassin.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car