lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2013, 06:32 PM   #11
jdunmyer
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: 36 Volt Club cart doesn't work

kramsee said:
Quote:
Think it's a built in safety thing to stop quick acceleration. I have a 36v resistor cart at the beach trailer and that one will break your neck if you tromp on it...my controller cart doesn't let me do that.
If it's a Curtis controller, they have 2 features: One is that the accelerator must return to "zero" or pedal-up position before they'll apply power, AND they have a "ramp" to full-on, they won't go wide-open immediately.
jdunmyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-07-2013, 10:00 PM   #12
kramsee1957
Not Yet Wild

Exactly what I found out after weeks of pulling out what remains of my hair. The simplest issue but at least I learned a lot while trying everything I could think of first.
kramsee1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:21 PM   #13
kramsee1957
Not Yet Wild

P.S. Specs I found is arm should rest dead center on last pad at full throttle position. Throttle off position is supposedly .100 of an inch from the little built in stopper in the vglide body. Good luck with that! What I did was jack up the back of the cart and watched the position of the vglide arm and noted it's position when backing off the throttle and marked it where it stopped the motor. For me,....that's splitting the second and third pad. That's the settings that work for me. Also.......I found on mine, a feather touch on the throttle until you hear the solenoid kick on before stepping on it makes it much more reliable.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:44 AM   #14
jdunmyer
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

When taking off, I always listen for the "click" of the solenoid, then press down until the cart begins to move. My old Legend, with the straight resistor control, would begin to move immediately if the cart was on a hard surface, otherwise I'd have to press down until the wiper hit "second gear", then back off again to "first". Just something to get used to if you want a smooth take-off.
jdunmyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:15 PM   #15
kramsee1957
Not Yet Wild

Sounds like you and I have the same cart
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car