lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2013, 05:29 PM   #1
lance_214
Rode hard, put up wet!

Club Car

Default Auxiliary 12 Volt Battery Mounting?

Hey guys I was wondering where is everyone mounting their auxiliary 12 volt batteries at? I have 48 volt CC with 6 batts and can't seem to find the room. I don't want to buy a voltage reducer since I have an another car battery laying around thats good. So anyone, everyone come one come all...Help a brother out!
lance_214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2013, 06:28 PM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: Auxiliary 12 Volt Battery Mounting?

iput mine in the basket behnd the seat

Old 06-03-2013, 06:41 PM   #3
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

slide the 2 middle forward a few inches and made a new rack to support the new 12 volt aux . added a battery tender to charge with it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg batt 1.jpg (123.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg batt 2.jpg (93.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg charger 2.jpg (70.0 KB, 0 views)
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:08 PM   #4
lance_214
Rode hard, put up wet!

Club Car

Cool ideas on both. Crash we utilize the basket for the beer cooler so might not work, but great idea anyway. Swan, might have to see if that will work for me. I'm only going to use the battery for a radio and speakers so I was wondering if a little battery like one for a motorcycle or something would work. Has anyone done that or is it feasible to even run the radio and like some 5 or 6" speakers.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:13 PM   #5
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

I have a rear seat and put mine in the bag well underneath it since it is dead space anyway. If you still have a basket, I assume you probably don't have a rear seat. Some use smaller scooter batteries and put them in the dash.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:17 PM   #6
lance_214
Rode hard, put up wet!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltLifeCC View Post
I have a rear seat and put mine in the bag well underneath it since it is dead space anyway. If you still have a basket, I assume you probably don't have a rear seat. Some use smaller scooter batteries and put them in the dash.
Cool, I was wondering if that would work too. I dont know how long of a charge they can hold. Its not like the music would be turned up to max. Yeah there's no back seat. We use this one for golf but I'm too cheap to buy a reducer to put on it if theres another way I already have pieces and parts for.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:34 PM   #7
ArmyVetSgtAdkins
Philippians 4:13

Club Car

I used a handicap scooter battery that is 35ah and run my stereo, led lights, headlights, horn and aux.12 volt outlet without a problem and I mounted mine in my dash.

I charge it whenever I put my main pack on charge and I put a quick connect on the aux battery so it makes it nice and easy to just plug it in to my small charger.
ArmyVetSgtAdkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:43 AM   #8
lance_214
Rode hard, put up wet!

Club Car

Hey SGT..thanks for your service first off from one vet to another..second, a small batt like that is what I was thinking about but didn't know how long they actually held a charge. But sounds like yours holds up pretty well. thanks again.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:05 AM   #9
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance_214 View Post
I'm too cheap to buy a reducer to put on it if theres another way I already have pieces and parts for.... a small batt like that is what I was thinking about
if you have battery then ignore this

GOLF CART DC VOLTAGE REDUCER 70v ~ 36V TO 12V 10A 120W
$14.99
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GOLF-CART-DC...item232b501e9a
GOLF CART Voltage Reducer 48V To 12V 10A 120w
$19.48
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-120W-GOL...item2ebcbdbf55

i am lookin at these for my girls cart
Old 06-04-2013, 08:11 AM   #10
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance_214 View Post
I'm too cheap to buy a reducer to put on it if theres another way I already have pieces and parts for.
Chances are, you wouldn't spend much more for a reducer than you would a battery. You started off saying you already had a battery though. I actually bought a reducer first and never installed it. I wouldn't have one unless it was switched and I was afraid my kids would forget to turn it off and then Murphy's Law would see to it that my cart burned up.

I use a deep cycle, full size marine battery and it will play music and burn lights much longer than the cart will go on a charge. When I charge the cart, I charge the aux battery. Many use those little scooter batteries and report similar performance.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car