lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2013, 10:02 AM   #11
davet
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 1996 club car (surging)

Myself and White Rice had the same problem,we called it choppy throttle,they were both Sepex regen carts with multi step pot box throttle.Long story short we both went Alltrax improvement but not cured,then we went PB6 throttle cured !!! Since you do not have a programable controller,I would suggest a MCOR change over if you have a pot box throttle..Dave
davet is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-04-2013, 01:07 PM   #12
shempferd
Getting Wild

Is a pot box throttle a continuously variable potentiometer or multi-step pot (wiper)? I'm not familiar with a mcor change over.
shempferd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:26 PM   #13
davet
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sorry ,the multi step sweeper is what I should have said, CC used 2 different throttles around that time,the multi step and the MCOR, both were 15k-0 .The MCOR throttle is a solid state rather then a variable sweeper I think if White Rice and I both had gone MCOR change over we would have solved the problem sooner and cheaper.Hope this helps Dave
davet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:56 PM   #14
shempferd
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by davet View Post
Sorry ,the multi step sweeper is what I should have said, CC used 2 different throttles around that time,the multi step and the MCOR, both were 15k-0 .The MCOR throttle is a solid state rather then a variable sweeper I think if White Rice and I both had gone MCOR change over we would have solved the problem sooner and cheaper.Hope this helps Dave

This statement is incorrect.

Club Car has manufactured two versions of the PowerDrive System 48 vehicle. The earlier version used a
multi-step (wiper switch) potentiometer in the speed control circuit, whereas the current version, beginning
with serial number A9529-445799, uses a continuously variable potentiometer.

Multi-step Potentiometer (Wiper Switch) Models:
The speed control circuit consists of the multi-step potentiometer with discrete resistors. With the car in for-
ward, the potentiometer resistance varies from 0 ohms with the accelerator pedal up (at rest position) to
approximately 4940 ohms with pedal fully depressed (for full-speed operation, resistance must be above
4600 ohms and below 7000 ohms). When the vehicle is put into reverse, a limit switch is engaged that brings
an additional resistor into the circuit at the F&R limit switch No. 3. This reduces vehicle top speed in reverse
to approximately half of forward top speed.

Continuously Variable Potentiometer Models:
The speed control circuit consists of a solid state three-wire potentiometer. With the car in forward, the poten-
tiometer resistance varies from approximately 0 to 300 ohms with the accelerator pedal up (at rest position)
to approximately 5500 ohms with pedal fully depressed (for full-speed operation, resistance must be above
4600 ohms and below 7000 ohms). When the vehicle is put into reverse, a limit switch is engaged that brings
an additional resistor into the circuit at the F&R limit switch No. 3. This reduces vehicle top speed in reverse
to half of forward top speed.

Last edited by shempferd; 08-01-2013 at 09:29 PM.. Reason: clarification
shempferd is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car