lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-11-2013, 09:24 AM   #21
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: battery question

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
I thought I read:

I went to Walmart and got the biggest deep cycle marine battery was 100 apiece and I can go 6-7 miles on my lifted ezgo of this helps runs just like it did but with half the run time as expected

While difficult to decipher, the "marine battery" part made me think he bought the wrong battery(s).
I deciphered it the same way and reached the same conclusion.

There are basically two types of lead-acid batteries. SLI (High amps in short bursts with immediate recharging) and Deep-Cycle (Fewer amps over a long period of time, with periodic recharging)

Marine batteries are a hybrid of the two and do a relatively poor job of both.

A better system would be to have a true SLI battery to start the boat's engine and a true Deep-Cycle battery to power the boat's DC accessories when the engine wasn't running.

--------
I chuckle and shake my head every time I see a trolling motor connected to a marine battery, when a Deep-Cycle battery is what is actually needed.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-11-2013, 09:30 AM   #22
Wylie_Tunes
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
I thought I read:

I went to Walmart and got the biggest deep cycle marine battery was 100 apiece and I can go 6-7 miles on my lifted ezgo of this helps runs just like it did but with half the run time as expected

While difficult to decipher, the "marine battery" part made me think he bought the wrong battery(s).
I think that poster created 2 issues. one, is a matter of battery life span. The wrong batteries will not last anywhere near as long as a dedicated GC battery. 2, I bet he has reduced his Ah by half. This is the cause of the 6-7 miles then dead that he is experiencing now.
Wylie_Tunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:48 AM   #23
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Most people don't know that battery construction differs between deep cycle, starting, or golf cart batteries.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:38 PM   #24
Onebadkr
Not Yet Wild

Yes the 3 I used are deep cycle marine batteries I have charged them every day over night with a slow charge on all 3 and have been doing it for over a year now so it was 300 well spent in my opinion I use my cart strictly for hunting and for the kids to cruise around the yard it's plenty for me and also I just put these in a 2004 PDs cart and its stock it last longer obviously i know it's not the right amps or 6 volts but the fact is it works! And very good last probably half as long as the 6 volts but its also half the price so if you want your cart for around the yard or whatnots go for it.
Onebadkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO