lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-16-2014, 02:55 PM   #21
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Default Re: 90 Club Car Rebuild

Can anyone tell me why THIS front end rebuild kit would not fit my cart. The only difference I see is the A-Plates, but I would think because of that, I would have bushings left over.
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-16-2014, 05:48 PM   #22
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

I believe the older style a plates used brass bushings and not the rubber.....I just did mine but I got a whole front end off a 95 model and switched everything over .....BE WARNED!! when you knock out the spindle bushings and put in the new ones the king pins wont fit back in there as they have to be "reamed" to fit......I did NOT know this and had to take a rounded file and slowly work them till they fit.....major pain.....

EDIT: after looking at that kit , no , none of those bushings would work on your arms.....king pins are the same and spring bushings are too but all the a arm stuff is different....
Budule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 12:21 PM   #23
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

UPDATE: I just got a box from Golf Cart Parts Direct. Hopefully by later tonight, my cart will be up and running again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0537[1].jpg (148.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0538[1].jpg (142.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0539[1].jpg (175.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0540[1].jpg (150.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-18-2014, 02:07 PM   #24
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

New issue. Cart is fully assembled and running. But here is the problem. In Forward, the cart doesn't move until the wiper arm reaches the 3rd contact from the bottom on the Vglide. In Reverse, the cart doesn't move until the wiper arm reaches the 4th contact from the bottom of the Vglide. The cart also lacks power.
Old 05-18-2014, 02:15 PM   #25
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCFanatic View Post
New issue. Cart is fully assembled and running. But here is the problem. In Forward, the cart doesn't move until the wiper arm reaches the 3rd contact from the bottom on the Vglide. In Reverse, the cart doesn't move until the wiper arm reaches the 4th contact from the bottom of the Vglide. The cart also lacks power.

Check your coils REALLY well, I'm guessing you'll find a broken one. If that checks out, check all the wiring from the lower contacts going to the coils, and also make sure the MS on the V-glide is activating when the wiper arm starts to move.

The problem HAS to be with one of those things, since the upper contacts work.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 02:20 PM   #26
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCFanatic View Post
The bottom 2 are dead , no wire should be hooked to the back of them anyway.....
Old 05-18-2014, 02:23 PM   #27
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budule View Post
The bottom 2 are dead , no wire should be hooked to the back of them anyway.....
Good call! Been way too long since I worked on a V-glide resistor cart in person.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 02:27 PM   #28
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93yellowclubcar View Post
Good call! Been way too long since I worked on a V-glide resistor cart in person.

well it s all I know , and wouldn't mind getting away from them sometimes.....I actually switched my 2 bottom contacts with the 2 top ones since they were in much better shape.....
Old 05-18-2014, 02:49 PM   #29
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Would this be burned?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (169.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-18-2014, 03:07 PM   #30
scotter
Gone Wild

Club Car

I don't see any melted plastic. Is the last contact the same height as the others? Can't tell by the picture.
Just need to check that the arm goes all the way to the last contact at WOT. If not, adjust.
Might need to adjust the wiper arm so it is flush with the contacts (all), not tilted in or out at the top & bottom of contact surface.
scotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car