lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-23-2013, 10:38 PM   #11
kenacp
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Question on slow speed?

The weather here is too nasty to mess with the cart tonight and I going out of town till Sunday. I'll post as soon as I can get to it.
Thanks for the help and Merry Christmas!
kenacp is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-29-2013, 08:35 PM   #12
kenacp
Getting Wild
Club Car

Just got to checking my cart. I have power to pin 16 in reverse only,not in forward. What is the next thing to check? Thanks
Old 01-01-2014, 11:27 AM   #13
kenacp
Getting Wild
Club Car

Thoughts??????
Old 01-05-2014, 12:42 PM   #14
kenacp
Getting Wild
Club Car

Just ordered a cable to check programing. I may need some help at some point to do this...
Old 01-15-2014, 09:31 PM   #15
kenacp
Getting Wild
Club Car

Have not tried to reprogram the controller yet,but here is an observation.My cart will not move until the petal is pressed at least half way down. Could this be part of the problem? Maybe the linkage is out of adjustment?
Maybe next week I can get a laptop over here to check programming.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:16 AM   #16
shaferz
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenacp View Post
Have not tried to reprogram the controller yet,but here is an observation.My cart will not move until the petal is pressed at least half way down. Could this be part of the problem? Maybe the linkage is out of adjustment?
Maybe next week I can get a laptop over here to check programming.
Sounds like that could absolutely be the issue. If the controller doesn't think your foot is to the floor - it certainly will not be at full output.

I'm not familiar enough with the MCOR setups to assist much further, so hopefully someone else comes along soon to offer suggestions. :)
shaferz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:53 AM   #17
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

Kenacp,

Is your throttle linkage/gas pedal tight? The Club Car gas pedal linkage can have issues causing no full output from the MCOR. There are some easy rig fixes. A easy way to tell if your linkage is loose is to wiggle the gas pedal around, if it moves side to side easy your linkage is worn. You can also check the mcor output with a multimeter.
Steve
caokgafamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:42 AM   #18
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

The alltrax software has a throttle output monitor that can help troubleshoot.

I have read some people have shimmed where the throttle mechanism enters the mcor to keep it from slipping. Pull the mat and unscrew and pull out the pedal assembly to observe.

Also, the alltrax is not as friendly to the mcor compared to the stock curtis. The alltrax will exacerbate any underlying mcor issue. Adjusting the throttle curve can alleviate some issues.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:51 AM   #19
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

Hook the laptop up to the alltrax and uncheck the "high pedal disable ( HPD )". For whatever reason the alltrax acts weird with this on. Just remember that if you have the pedal to the floor and turn the key on the cart will go

And yes on the "Monitor" tab you will see throttle percent. Change the refresh to continuous
sunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:22 AM   #20
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

look under the cart while you reach above and work the slop in the gas peddle up and down. You will see there is a no action at the mcor rod for the first half of the peddle stroke. Locate the sloppy linkage and crimp it down tight with your largest pair of channel locks. The aluminum linkage wears and bends easily.
Basically, the problem is that your MCOR is not sending a 100% throttle signal.
Tighten the linkage to get more mcor action (signal). For more improvement call alltrax support and ask them for a custom throttle map. Now that you have the cable you can import and install such a map
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car