lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2014, 06:33 AM   #11
JohnT
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Rear Flip Seat Question

Just put one of these on my Club Car DS and all was going well until I sat in it for the first time. The bracket places the backrest about two inches forward which makes it very uncomfortable to drive now for anyone but woman and kids. It is even hard to get my foot up high enough to brake at 6'0" tall. I see no way to adjust this bracket or even fabricate a change. At this point I am very dissatisfied.
JohnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2014, 06:34 AM   #12
JohnT
Not Yet Wild

By the way mine is a Max 5 elite.
JohnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 08:38 PM   #13
ejmetz
Not Yet Wild

This is a great question, mnDan! I just bought a rear seat kit that has two very nice plastic formed "A" brackets for the seat backs, but #1, they don't work with the >2001 DS seat backs with the inset vertical channels, and #2, they move the seat backs forward, which is awful for driving. I'm looking for some typical metal "A" brackets for the front and rear seat backs now.
ejmetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 07:37 AM   #14
mndanielsncsu
Gone Wild
Club Car

Bump - none of you CC guys have a Madjax seat installed on your DS?

I am ready to pull the trigger on a flip seat and like theirs, just hoping to confirm.
mndanielsncsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 08:12 PM   #15
mndanielsncsu
Gone Wild
Club Car

I called Madjax and Golf Cart King and both claim the rear flip seat doesn't move the front back forward, so I ordered one up. I'll post the results once I receive it and get it installed.
Old 06-17-2014, 09:08 PM   #16
mndanielsncsu
Gone Wild
Club Car

I installed the Madjax flip seat and I'm happy with the end result. The front seat backs did not move forward and it's still comfortable to drive. The installation is really straight forward as well, took maybe 3 hours including removing my stock non-flip seat. Since I have a pre-2000 model, I had to order the roof struts which don't come with holes predrilled so that's the only part that takes a little time. The installation video they have online is very helpful too. Just wanted to pass this along...
Old 06-19-2014, 11:58 PM   #17
smackdaddy66
Getting Wild
Club Car

The max5 seat kit moves the front seat backs up too far. Madjax has been better. Too bad, because I really like the versatility of the max5.

Smackdaddy66
smackdaddy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 09:10 AM   #18
miker
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

we use madjax on ds and precedents
miker is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car