lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-28-2014, 09:57 PM   #21
TexasHunter
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1989 Marathon 2PG Engine Rebuild- In over my head - Please help

Cart Around- yes, when I took the foot off the gas the starter generator continued to spin until I turned off the key.

I used my meter to test the voltage on the current solenoid and at the spark plug wire and I received readings that kept jumping. At the solenoid, I would get about 11.8 and then it would jump where the meter would not read it and then it would go back to 11.8 or so. Not sure what to make of that.

I am hoping that changing the micro switch, voltage regulator and solenoid will do the trick. I purchased a new gas pedal micro switch, solenoid & voltage regulator. I should receive the parts this week and be able to do the install this weekend. Thanks for the wiring diagram - much appreciated. Stay tuned...
TexasHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-29-2014, 12:47 PM   #22
ScooterMcTavish
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Do the micro switch first - I had a dirty gummy one and had this issue.
ScooterMcTavish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 11:29 PM   #23
TexasHunter
Not Yet Wild

Success at last! I had the wiring wrong and messed up one of the grounds on the solenoid. I have the engine broken in now and clocked it with a GPS at 21mph. It runs 13 mph with the governor linked up.

I installed a tachometer and observed it runs at 3600 rpm at 13mph and 4400 rpm at 21mph (wide open). I read 5000 rpm is the redline for the 2PG but mine only hits 4400. I think it may be because of the 22 inch tires. After all this work, I will be taking it easy and running with the governor.

I want to thank everyone for the coaching and help along the way. What a fun, challenging and great experience! I would definitely recommend taking it on for anyone thinking about it.
TexasHunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
89 marathon 2pg rebuild
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO