lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-02-2014, 03:21 PM   #1
ncsu4life
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 93 Club Car DS stops running after full throttle.

I have a 93 club car DS. intermittently the cart will shut off and not start for a period of time. usually after i would let it sit for just a little (5min or so) it would start again and we could continue. I thought that maybe it was an ignition problem getting to hot possibly and the spark cutting out (maybe this is still the case)?

however my brother got on the cart and decided to do a test and rode around at half to 3/4 throttle and the cart ran with no problems. even full throttle in small spurts were even okay. now i am thinking maybe i need to replace and or check all fuel lines for a vacuum leak possibly? about a month ago we replaced all fuel filters and the lines are pretty old so a pin hole is possible maybe in the pulse line?

anyone else had a similar issue and have a fix?
ncsu4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-02-2014, 05:32 PM   #2
ezgo on fire
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 93 Club Car DS stops running after full throttle.

Always start with the basics. Go ahead and replace all your fuel lines. 1/4" there cheap. And then see what happens. Clean the screen on the fuel pump also. I spray it lightly with carb cleaner.
ezgo on fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 11:20 PM   #3
robbiescd
Getting Wild
Club Car

Does it die while your driving it or is do you stop it and then it won't start again. If you stop it and it won't start again, check the solenoid. Another thing you can do (if it's the stop and won't start again issue).....take the top off of the black box under the drivers side (under the air intake hose from airbox to carb). If you push the accelerator and it won't go, take a screw driver or something and whack that solenoid a little bit and see if it will go.

If it does, then you got a bad solenoid.

I may be WAY off track. If it dies while your driving it, this probably isn't the issue.
robbiescd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 10:06 AM   #4
ncsu4life
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

It dies while riding it so i don't think it is the solenoid. the cart is at the lake and i plan to take a look at it this weekend. Once i find anything out i will be sure to report back to hopefully help any others with similar issues.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:50 AM   #5
holland
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsu4life View Post
It dies while riding it so i don't think it is the solenoid. the cart is at the lake and i plan to take a look at it this weekend. Once i find anything out i will be sure to report back to hopefully help any others with similar issues.
Did you find anything yet ? I am very interested, I am facing a simular problem. Mine dies at 10-15 min. full throttle drive. Leave it alone for a few minutes and it goes again.
holland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:05 AM   #6
ncsu4life
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

well got to the cart this weekend and i couldn't get the cart to run at all really.
I noticed that it would start to fire and then stop. each time i released the pedal and started again it would fire for just a second or two. So i pulled the spark plug and put it on the block and i could see a spark for a few seconds each time i pressed the pedal and then it would quit. I'm guessing that this is an indication of a bad ignition on the engine? can someone confirm for me what part exactly i would need to replace on a 93 fe290 motor.
Old 06-10-2014, 02:47 PM   #7
robbiescd
Getting Wild
Club Car

1016492 - COIL - IGNITION OHV

I think that's it.
robbiescd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:17 PM   #8
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

BEFORE replacing the coil... go the easier, cheaper route!

The other 2 possibilities could be the ignitor, or the rev limiter!

Remove the ground from the left mounting bolt of the limiter, if it runs, the limiter is bad,
If it still won't run, remove the limiter, (the ignitor is under it) replace the ignitor, and reinstall the limiter,
and if it still won't run then... go on to the coil!

The rev limiter is #22, the ignitor is not shown:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg FE290-350 Ignition components.jpg (15.1 KB, 0 views)
lockman1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:08 AM   #9
ncsu4life
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks guys I have ordered an ignitor and hope to have it by this weekend to give it a try before moving on to the coil as well as testing the rev limiter.
Old 06-16-2014, 09:56 AM   #10
ncsu4life
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Good news! It looks like I now have a running Club car. I went ahead and purchased an Ignitor for about $20 shipped for a john Deere that i had seen referenced on here and it seemed to work at first. then the same problems started happening again. so i disconnected my ground on the rev limiter and all seems to be working well now!

Thanks everyone for the help!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car