lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-21-2014, 06:56 PM   #1
iamthefixer
Not Yet Wild

Default 93 turning but no go. been through the basics

Great forum and been doing some reading. I fix and build lots of things (cars/computers/tvs/etc.) but am finding the golf cart to be a strange little beast :)

Anyway, the local baseball club dropped a '93 club car with me that they use to drag the field to check out and here's where I am:

Heavy dust everywhere from the field. Cleaned it up, pulled the air filter- ok.

Fuel pump is pumping, have spark. When I hit the pedal it turns over but shows no other signs of firing. Belt is tight. I hear the click when pressing the pedal. Fuse is good in the solonoid box. Haven't put a meter to anything yet. I shot a little either in the intake and barely got a pop.

Perhaps someone more familiar with these can point me in a direction beyond the basics. Thanks in advance.
iamthefixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-21-2014, 08:29 PM   #2
iamthefixer
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 93 turning but no go. been through the basics

Ok, so read every post that was close to my problem through page 30. Starting to get clues...but don't be afraid to chime in.
Old 07-22-2014, 06:11 AM   #3
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Welcome to BGW iamthefixer!

On a 93 CC, the first thing I would check/replace is the ignitor!
It always seems to be the cause of a weak/no spark situation, and it's an inexpensive part.
the ignitor is underneath the rev limiter, (box on the lower front of the engine)

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 10:46 AM   #4
iamthefixer
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
Welcome to BGW iamthefixer!

On a 93 CC, the first thing I would check/replace is the ignitor!
It always seems to be the cause of a weak/no spark situation, and it's an inexpensive part.
the ignitor is underneath the rev limiter, (box on the lower front of the engine)

Thanks lockman! I was leaning there but this gives me a little confirmation. Spark does appear weak. Appears that it's around $100? I'll check Cart Parts that I see recommended here a lot. Thanks again.
Old 07-24-2014, 07:45 AM   #5
bcsman
Getting Wild
Club Car

Don't spend that kind of money on one iamthefixer, I also needed an igniter and here's what I ordered:

http://www.mfgsupply.com/31-9334.html

It's made for the Kawasaki engine and works like a champ...also much cheaper. By the way I also have a 93 DS...
bcsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 01:54 PM   #6
iamthefixer
Not Yet Wild

Arrrrgh. Thanks man. Already bought genuine for $92 as I see a lot of complaining about crappy Chinese parts. I will file this away in my head for next time...when it comes in and I install it, I will report back. Thanks again.
Old 07-24-2014, 02:04 PM   #7
bcsman
Getting Wild
Club Car

No problem, sorry I didnt see your post earlier to save a few $$. Good luck and let us all know how it works....
bcsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 12:07 PM   #8
iamthefixer
Not Yet Wild

Well, wasn't that a little b*tch. No luck guys, not the culprit. Spark seems a bit better, plug is damp- no fire, just cranks. Looking for next steps- thanks.

Something else I just noticed while playing around. Did the cam to maintenance mode and I've got nothing in neutral. In gear with MM off I got a couple of weak backfires. One of these micro switches biting me possibly? Weird.
Old 07-25-2014, 02:28 PM   #9
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Remove the ground wire from the left bolt of the rev limiter, tape up the eyelet, and see if it runs then.
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 02:58 PM   #10
iamthefixer
Not Yet Wild

Just tried that - unfortunately no.

Been playing around with it for an hour or so, removed the carb and gave it a good cleaning- bowl had some crap in it. Also inspected the fuel pump and cleaned it out. Spark seems fairly good (of course I have no reference point.)

One other question- what kind of pressure should this pump put out? I see a dribble through the line but by no means is it filling the filters. Some is getting to the carb as there is gas at the end of the line- now wondering if it's getting enough. Do get weak backfires with a quick ether shot. Hmmm.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car