lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2014, 04:16 AM   #1
super99
Not Yet Wild

Default G1 throttle shaft

I read the posts about fixing the worn throttle bushing and decided to try to fix mine the same way. I took the carb apart and took it to work to try to get the right crimper piece to repair it. I showed it to the maintenance man and he said to leave it here and I'll see what I can find. He made a new bushing out of what looked like a nylon hose barb. I put it on and the car runs better than it has since I owned it. BUT, the throttle shaft is wore and there is still a little play in the bushing. Is there any way to build up the shaft and file or emery cloth it down to make a tight fit or will I just have to buy a rebuilt carb someday? It's wore at the top of the shaft, the bottom is OK. Thanks, Chris
super99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-29-2014, 10:48 AM   #2
patthesoundguy
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Hi there first post from me here, normally just a lurker but I figure its time for me to to contribute some. I would take some electronic solder clean the worn part of the shaft fill the low spots with solder and a torch. Then put the shaft in a drill press or hand drill then spin the shaft up and match the good part of the shaft to the built up solder with a file and some emery cloth make sure to only file the high spots. Grease it up. Install and enjoy.
patthesoundguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha