lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-23-2014, 08:53 PM   #21
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Pq motor

I have a programmer for club cars and also one for ezgo rxv's.

Is yours different from these? Can you pm me the part number or info?

Thanks
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-25-2014, 06:33 AM   #22
greg-g
Gone Wild

the cart in the picture is that the one you have the new motor in? so you're doing 29 miles an hour with stock tires? if you had larger tires you would probably be doing 5 miles per hour more. what is your torque like.
greg-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 07:32 AM   #23
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Yes, that is my 2003 iq. The torque is noticeably improved. I gained a solid 3 mph on my test hill. I am going plenty fast so I don't need bigger tires. I prefer the torque. I am in eastern ky.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 01:41 PM   #24
OldMain
Not Yet Wild

Just installed the "Bandit" in my 2005 DS IQ. Didnt notice any torgue or speed improvement from original motor. Lost all Regen braking. Wondering if my speed sensor is bad. Did the sensor test, buzzer sounds but no braking. Waiting on a call back from Plum Quick to discuss options. If anyone has any suggestions would love to hear them.
OldMain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 01:45 PM   #25
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

I would like to know what speeds you are getting now. So we can compare.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 02:43 PM   #26
RPatten
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldMain View Post
Just installed the "Bandit" in my 2005 DS IQ. Didnt notice any torgue or speed improvement from original motor. Lost all Regen braking. Wondering if my speed sensor is bad. Did the sensor test, buzzer sounds but no braking. Waiting on a call back from Plum Quick to discuss options. If anyone has any suggestions would love to hear them.
I wonder if you had more than a stock motor orginally. I got noticeable improvements in torque and speed with the Bandit.
RPatten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 09:26 PM   #27
PLUMQUICK
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldMain View Post
#1 check to make sure the mcor is sending 100% at full throttle.
#2 I would do a running voltage drop test across the pack, if the voltage isn't coming back up to 48 volts at full throttle......the pack is giving all it's got with no reserve. Volts is what pushes the rpm to get speed.
PLUMQUICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 09:47 PM   #28
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Mine went from 15 to 26 with just the bandit motor. Noticeable increase in torque.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 11:23 AM   #29
OldMain
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUMQUICK View Post
#1 check to make sure the mcor is sending 100% at full throttle.
#2 I would do a running voltage drop test across the pack, if the voltage isn't coming back up to 48 volts at full throttle......the pack is giving all it's got with no reserve. Volts is what pushes the rpm to get speed.
Will try both. The MCOR and Batteries (Trojan 875) are both less than a year old.

Motor I sent to PQ was stock motor, bought the cart from local dealer, it came for course in Georgia.

Originally was getting 12 to 15 mph on flat turf, slower uphill but decent climbing power till the 17th hole then slowed noticably. Have always been able to get 36+ holes on a charge in a day, that hasn't changed just no noticable improvement over stock setup.
OldMain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 01:38 PM   #30
greg-g
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
Mine went from 15 to 26 with just the bandit motor. Noticeable increase in torque.
MrGolf is this setup still working out for you how is the PQ torque
greg-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car