lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-15-2015, 09:56 AM   #1
allenc3
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Starter Generator Replacement

I have a friend with I think is a Yamaha G! probably 90 vintage. One of the posts on his starter actually burned off (was lose, and created heat and just melted off) anyway, the starter looks like the same starter used on an EZGO, and I have a brand new one we were going to install. After removing the starter I see 2 wires coming off of the DF post, a red and a green wire where on the EZGO there is just a green wire that goes to the voltage regulator. On the Yamaha what does the red wire go to. Can both wires red and green just be attached to the DF post on the new starter.

Claude Allen
Green Cove Springs Fl
allenc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-30-2020, 06:24 PM   #2
echouinard
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Starter Generator Replacement

Claude, I see this is an old post, but did you figure it out? I have the some issue with a Club Car s/g installed on a yamaha cart that I recently bought and it isn't charging. How did you end up wiring the yamaha red and green wires to the generator with just a DF post?
echouinard is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha