lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-14-2015, 11:58 AM   #1
ironmonkey17
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Location on front lift on 93 Marathon

Hi all, I was scrolling through some pics on the site and I noticed someone's cart was lifted at the rear of the front leaf springs, closer to the body not at the axel,can any one tell me if there is and upside to this or a downside. any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advanced..
ironmonkey17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-14-2015, 05:25 PM   #2
my1423
Gone Wild

Default Re: Location on front lift on 93 Marathon

Well my cart is lifted at the axle. This allows the axle to move everywhere and is totally scary. The previous owner added links to help.
I would think the issue would be much less if it were lifted at the frame since the spring would stay at the center of the axle keeping leverage down on the spring. You loose some ground clearance having those blocks hanging down but it would be much better then the way mine handles.
Later i might try moving my blocks to the rear.
my1423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 08:34 PM   #3
ironmonkey17
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I wonder if you did a half and half on your cart would it make it more stable, cut your 8" lift in half weld a couple new plates on (easy to make) 4" to the axel and 4" at the frame.. not sure what it would do to for your height though.
ironmonkey17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 10:12 PM   #4
my1423
Gone Wild

Maybe.

I want to just can the whole thing and start over. Either weld up the Suzuki 400 front end i have so i have brakes.
Or
Go to the junk yard and get some nice car rims and tires and the spindles with brakes and start over. Then i get a bigger lift with decent brakes and cheap tires that are dot legal. Run like 15 lbs of air in a car tire.
I also end up with a system able to carry loads of weight.
Pulling my trailers around or maybe a mini dozer blade for yard work.

Also toyed with building a 4 link as i stated and un attaching the leafs to the axle. Does not give me brakes though.
my1423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 09:39 PM   #5
Woolenspark
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I just got a 93 with a 6 inch lift. It's got the half and half on the front. 3 inch block on frame end and 3 inch on axle and that axle stays centered while twisting it. Also stable cruising down the road.
Woolenspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 05:30 PM   #6
RibbedGiraffe
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I built mine with the blocks on the back, It is very stable and handles like stock carts ive driven. Personally I think it looks better as well.

A couple things to consider as well - Adding unsprung weight negatively affects handling - as it is now more weight for the springs and shocks to try to control. Big steel blocks are pretty heavy.
RibbedGiraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO