lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-01-2016, 12:38 PM   #11
TomStark
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: not sure where to start?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebadbuggie View Post
well we take it with us camping, i did all the figuring and with the lift and tires it wouldnt have cleared the rear cargo door on our toy hauler camper so i cut the top down the accomidate. lol. worked out great.
LOL! I have had to modify things to make them work in my world too! Only thing is, at 6'5" tall I would need to cut a hole in the roof for my head to stick out!
Tom
TomStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-09-2016, 07:49 PM   #12
burbs84
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Off subject but I have an 88 marathon and I have the 5 inch eco lift on it. I noticed while trying to adjust the alignment in front, the steering wheel turns to one side way more than the other now. Anyone ran into this problem before?
burbs84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 07:54 PM   #13
burbs84
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

If you notice anything by the pic let me know. This is the only pic i have of it right now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20141005_163153.jpg (235.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-09-2016, 09:07 PM   #14
TomStark
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by burbs84 View Post
If you notice anything by the pic let me know. This is the only pic i have of it right now.
Turns more to the left than the right, correct? The problem is the steering shaft in the middle. The tires are straight and the shaft is over to the right. You need to have the shaft centered when the wheels are straight.
Tom
Old 02-09-2016, 09:13 PM   #15
TomStark
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Also, regarding your lift, the shocks are too close together at the bottom. I would bend the tops of the shock extensions out so that the bottoms of the shocks are directly above where they mounted originally. For that to work, there will likely need to be a gusset welded into the extensions after ward so they stay where they belong.
Tom
Old 02-09-2016, 09:23 PM   #16
burbs84
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I wanna say yes to the left more. I'm not near it at the moment but I believe so. I feel like something may be too short but maybe I just have a lot of adjustment to do. As far as the mounts I was thinking the same thing. I was planning on swapping the front shocks with some better ones. Can I find some that are long enough to just eliminate the extension altogether? I don't really like that set up with the extension. Seems weak to me. I also thought about getting the longer txt leafs in front to kick the wheels away from the foot area a bit. I haven't gotten to the back yet because I want to extend that a bit and do something custom for the transaxle I have to put it for the v twin. I'm not sure how to go about that yet. I want a decent wheel base. Thanks for your help btw!
Old 02-09-2016, 09:53 PM   #17
TomStark
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

My pleasure, you are correct you need to lengthen something, The tie rod that goes from the steering arm, (bell crank or what ever they call it on a cart) to the right wheel. Get eh wheels turned straight and lengthen that till it is straight and then center the steering wheel if it is not at that point. (it should be, but no telling if someone took it off and clocked it differently to comp for something.)
No idea if there are shocks that will fit the bill for you. I agree, not real fond of the extensions either. If it were me, I would just weld something up, but then not everyone has a welder so you do the best you can with what you have got.
Tom
Old 02-09-2016, 10:22 PM   #18
burbs84
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Awesome, I will have to play with it when I get back to it. Thanks again for your help. I may fab something up. I like the idea of a plow like you have in the pic. Pretty neat!
Old 02-15-2016, 08:14 PM   #19
misterpowertools
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

monroe shocks are cheap and easy
misterpowertools is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO