lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-23-2016, 08:36 PM   #1
ukpaul
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Which carb for my '79 ezgo marathon

Just started getting a random misfire and a backfire every once in a while. I cleaned the carb out before christmas and it seemed to do the trick but now its back. So i am going to buy a new carb. My question is......
looking on ebay, i cannot find one that states its for a '79. They all seem to start at '81 upwards. Can I use this or will it not work ?
Thanks
ukpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-23-2016, 11:47 PM   #2
my1423
Gone Wild

Default Re: Which carb for my '79 ezgo marathon

Random misfire and backfire.
What color is your spark plug and when did you last change it?
Carb can cause loads of bad running but if the power is good and the throttle does not have dead spots, and the plug is a nice brown color,
I would suggest you check the wiring for bad connections broken wires and corrosion.
Then check the condenser and points.
Make sure the points are not worn out, pitted, and gaped properly.
my1423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 07:19 AM   #3
ukpaul
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

The plug was only about a month old. I changed it just yesterday thought to eliminate. The old one was a good color.I have just had points done as it died on us a couple of weeks back and had no spark. Turned out to be points. At that time I changed coil and plug wire too.
Old 02-24-2016, 02:36 PM   #4
hypermike
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Bought one of these last October, have same 1979 Marathon. Exact replacement assuming you have Robin EC25DS engine. Look around, you might be able to find it cheaper than this one on amazon-$29.32. Cheap, cheap-don't think you can rebuild one for that. Maybe you can but, why!
Amazon.com : Ezgo golf cart carburetor, fits E-Z-Go 2-cycle Gas 82-87. FREE SHIPPING LOWER US 48 STATES : Ez Go Carbs : Sports & Outdoors Amazon.com : Ezgo golf cart carburetor, fits E-Z-Go 2-cycle Gas 82-87. FREE SHIPPING LOWER US 48 STATES : Ez Go Carbs : Sports & Outdoors
hypermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 02:42 PM   #5
ukpaul
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks hypermike. I believe i have the 2pg engine. It has the internal starter and points behind the flywheel. So the 82 to 87 will work on our '79's then. If that's the case I'll get one ordered now. Wonder why they don't list it for earlier models.

Last edited by ukpaul; 02-24-2016 at 02:44 PM.. Reason: need to add something
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO