lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-26-2016, 01:09 AM   #1
EZ-GO Rookie
Not Yet Wild

Default ST350 vs Workhorse - ID w/no SN

Recently picked up EZ-GO at auction, SN/barcode worn off decal on driver side, decal on body behind seat just says "EZ-GO ST" - has manual dump bed, engine missing, but believe to be 2000-ish ST350. Front cowl is missing, but both front & rear suspension have the weld attached OEM receiver slot. Body panel behind seat is oyster. Seat back is the squared rectangle, not the contoured. Any suggestions on determining SN or at least model/year so I can get manuals/parts lists to determine what parts may be missing (and eventually for motor replacement/upgrade)?
EZ-GO Rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-26-2016, 06:24 AM   #2
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ST350 vs Workhorse - ID w/no SN

Try this out and see if works for you.

LH
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 28614-g03-gb workhorse st350 2003.pdf (1.90 MB, 0 views)
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 07:57 AM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Two places I can think off. Cross rail under seat, look for a sticker. Frame rail above right rear tire, engraved. Main thing that really matters is how many holes are in the steering column tube at the floor. 3 is old style frame mounted steering and 4 is new axle mounted rack. 3 is pre 2001 give or take.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 11:36 AM   #4
EZ-GO Rookie
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Two places I can think off. Cross rail under seat, look for a sticker. Frame rail above right rear tire, engraved. Main thing that really matters is how many holes are in the steering column tube at the floor. 3 is old style frame mounted steering and 4 is new axle mounted rack. 3 is pre 2001 give or take.
Thanks for heads up on SN locations & steering column. That's where it gets weird. SN sticker under seat on frame says "ST 350" SN: 2545686, which according to EZ-GO's online parts shop/SN lookup makes it a 2007 (?!). The steering column is 3-bolt direct floor mount. ...Franken-cart?
Old 02-26-2016, 12:26 PM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Actually no, just rare.. The norm switched over in 2001 but I have seen many ST and Workhorse carts past that year that had the old steering. As for parts, most everything is the same except suspension in the front. You said OEM receiver ? 2 inch square ? Rear bolts on and they made one that bolted on the front of the old style axles..
Old 02-26-2016, 04:49 PM   #6
EZ-GO Rookie
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Actually no, just rare.. The norm switched over in 2001 but I have seen many ST and Workhorse carts past that year that had the old steering. As for parts, most everything is the same except suspension in the front. You said OEM receiver ? 2 inch square ? Rear bolts on and they made one that bolted on the front of the old style axles..
Yeah, 2" square ones. Upon closer look, they are bolted.

My biggest need is identifying which manual to reference for drive train repair & front cowl/brush guard/light replacement. Engine, choke & shifting lever are gone, but transmission & components are there (I think), just need to know which manual to be looking at to get parts lists/numbers. I need to know if the OEM was the Robin or the Kawasaki, so I replace w/Honda clone (likely HF Predator). Cart is for my wife & will just be used for general yard work, hauling trash to street, etc. so we don't want to spend fortune. I priced engines before buying, but the cowl surprised us BIG time...cheapest I've found is +/-$500. I assume there has to be a used market somewhere for the oyster ones (?).
Old 02-27-2016, 08:25 AM   #7
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Never seen an st-350 that didn't have the old style steering.

If you want cheap the txt used cowls will work and what the early
workhorse had, you have to add lights though.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 09:57 AM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Any txt, workhorse or ST cowl will work. The difference is flairs and lights. $500 is rediculus for a cowl. I can get them all day long for $50-150 depending on what all is with it. Where are you located?

Edit. I forgot. If the clutch is driver side, Robbins. Passenger side Kawasaki
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO