lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2016, 04:39 PM   #1
SGF
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Digital tach. hr. meter wire

I have a digital tach./hr. meter like this http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?n...092102&alt=web . I'd like to mount it on the dashboard. The first question is, çan I lenthen the tach.wire without affecting the device's accuracy? Second, there is a black wire coming off the device that goes into a black plastic piece that splits off the black wire into a red and a white wire. Should I lengthen the black wire or the red and white wires, or does it not matter. Red wraps around a plug wire and white appears to be a ground. The directions don't address the white wire.
SGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2016, 05:31 PM   #2
LVCJ
going,.. going,.. gone!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Digital tach. hr. meter wire

I have the "Tiny Tach" version which is basically the same one as that.
You can lengthen the wire, just make sure to use the same size wire (gauge) and make sure your connections are solid. These can be very sensitive and any resistance in the wire/connections may cause bad readings. I've also heard it is best that you do not have a whole lot of excess wire bound up either.
My white wire went to a bolt on the block to ground.
LVCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 10:40 AM   #3
SGF
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Digital tach. hr. meter wire

Thanks. I think I'll lengthen the red & black wire. I'll either use the same wire gauge or go up one size and see how it goes. If it turns out well I'll do the same with my other cart. I like the idea of the meter being on the dash.
SGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO