lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-03-2016, 09:45 PM   #1
Mrjonman
Gone Wild

Default What is this worth?

I only have experience with electric EZGO's.....so the more info the better

A customer of ours has 3 carts sitting dead that they don't want to pay to get running, unknown what is wrong with them, but 2 are electric and 1 is gas.

I emailed our contact about the possibility of them wanting to get rid of one or all of them, he responded saying they will look into it but his preference would be to get rid of the gasser.

So, my question is what is this worth, assuming no major mechanical repairs needed? What kind of speed am I looking at? I got rid of my 36v TXT series because it was too slow, so I'm curious what I could expect.

This is the info he sent and I'll attach the only picture I took of it since I was more focused on the electrics.

EZGO ST Sport 2+2
Purchased 6/19/07
Serial Number 2510364
Model # H0907
Fuel - Gas
This one has the lift kit to make it a bit taller.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0868.jpg (103.2 KB, 0 views)
Mrjonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-03-2016, 10:05 PM   #2
mike484
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What is this worth?

That is a nice start on a great cart. But my opinion is that its a toss up. Could just need minor repairs and tune up, or it could need a whole new engine.

My guess would be to try and get it for under $1000 to leave you room for any unforeseen and have it back in top shape without breaking the bank.

The only reason I would even go that much is because of the condition the exterior is in, the rear seat, and the lift kit. I don't know where you are at so I don't know how harsh the environment is and how rusty the frame and underside is.
mike484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 10:32 PM   #3
Mrjonman
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike484 View Post
That is a nice start on a great cart. But my opinion is that its a toss up. Could just need minor repairs and tune up, or it could need a whole new engine.

My guess would be to try and get it for under $1000 to leave you room for any unforeseen and have it back in top shape without breaking the bank.

The only reason I would even go that much is because of the condition the exterior is in, the rear seat, and the lift kit. I don't know where you are at so I don't know how harsh the environment is and how rusty the frame and underside is.
Houston,TX

Appreciate the insight. I don't believe it needs major repairs but not sure what the cause is
Old 11-03-2016, 11:00 PM   #4
mike484
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm in Houston too, small world.
I live near 45 and the beltway, southeast, and work in Deer Park.
mike484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 07:19 AM   #5
Mrjonman
Gone Wild

Live out in cypress
Old 11-06-2016, 10:15 AM   #6
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

A new rebuilt motor will run You about $650 through CT Rebuilds, and it's about a 3hr swap give or take, figure with incidentals, etc You're in worst case scenario for around $800-850 to replace the engine with a new one. The 07 ST's I believe had the 350MCI engine, which is actually a great motor - without any crazy mods (just a governor adjustment) You can figure around 18-20mph, a bit more if You go with taller tires (the factory short lift will fit 20's if I remember correctly). We cap the buyout on non-running carts at $800 if they're EXCEPTIONALLY clean, judging by the pics that cart doesn't *quite* qualify but with the extras, etc I'd say that is a fair price to work with.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 03:58 PM   #7
Mrjonman
Gone Wild

Update on this....it took a long time to finally get it approved but the cart is mine. A simple trade of services. Should be able to pick it up in a few days.

According to them it ran when it was parked so it theoretically would just be cosmetic issues but we'll wait and see
Old 02-10-2017, 05:00 PM   #8
Skoal82
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Sound like a good deal!
You should have a very nice cart when you get it done.
Skoal82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 11:51 PM   #9
Mrjonman
Gone Wild

Yea Anxious to get it to the house to try and start seeing what I want to do. Obviously wheels/tires, new seat covers, maybe new roof and then look into painting the bumper, it's pretty faded
Old 02-11-2017, 07:08 AM   #10
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

What ya pay for it? Looks pretty decent
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO