lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-13-2017, 11:53 AM   #11
Gearhead1956
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Shorter Drive Belt for 2000 EZGO Workhorse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCityMusic View Post
I use the factory belts in this application because they are consistent, I have tried several other "aftermarket" belts that claim to be the required 40.75 and they almost always are off by as much as 1/2", plus most of the aftermarket (Gates included) belts tend to slip more when wet from what I've experienced. Sometimes ya gotta bite the bullet and pop for the right stuff - in this case though it's only $10 or so
Good point.

It can get a little confusing to know what the heck your getting on E-Bay!!
Gearhead1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-13-2017, 04:16 PM   #12
buildit
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Nothing like the benefit of (your!) experience. Maybe I'll try the EZGO belt first and see how it goes then. Can always go shorter!, And thank goodness for Amazon Prime and free returns. Thanks a lot, guys.
buildit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 04:56 PM   #13
buildit
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

OK, got the G02 belt on. Hasn't been grabby so far, seems to come up the hill a little better. Certainly no negative effects, I think it will be just fine. Thanks for all the input!
Old 08-02-2017, 10:12 AM   #14
Gearhead1956
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Well I was hoping it made a big difference with just the belt so I could do the same.
Guess it takes the clutch and belt.
Old 08-02-2017, 11:32 AM   #15
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

It's a somewhat subtle difference as far as what it "feels like" when driving in most conditions, but it's night and day when it comes to what will slow You to a crawl or even stop You compared to stock length.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 03:58 PM   #16
buildit
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCityMusic View Post
It's a somewhat subtle difference as far as what it "feels like" when driving in most conditions, but it's night and day when it comes to what will slow You to a crawl or even stop You compared to stock length.
That's a good way to describe it in my case. And I realized that I failed to mention that I installed a 6" lift kit and 23" tires at the same time I put the belt on. It actually pulls up the hill better now than it did, even with the larger tires. So obviously it made a real difference.
Old 08-03-2017, 07:25 AM   #17
Gearhead1956
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit View Post
That's a good way to describe it in my case. And I realized that I failed to mention that I installed a 6" lift kit and 23" tires at the same time I put the belt on. It actually pulls up the hill better now than it did, even with the larger tires. So obviously it made a real difference.
Oh ok, That's better. The 18 to 23's took up some of the benefit the belt gave you then. COOL!
Old 08-13-2017, 10:42 PM   #18
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

This thread has been a tremendous help. This weekend I replaced my 21 year old stock EZGO TXT belt with a new Gates 6098. It was a tough one to get on but has made a world of difference. Especially at low speeds. Feels like it stays in granny low and could climb anything. Can't wait to get it out in the woods.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO