lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-05-2019, 04:25 PM   #1
Easyriding
Not Yet Wild

Default 2007 YDRA won’t start

Hello, can jump across solenoid and engage starter. Otherwise push gas pedal and nothing happens. Have 12v on both small wires at solenoid. When gas pedal is pushed, voltage on both small wires at solenoid go to 0. Any help would be appreciated.
Easyriding is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-05-2019, 08:32 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2007 YDRA won’t start

Number one suspect is gas pedal switch, and they can be disassembled and cleaned.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 12:33 PM   #3
Easyriding
Not Yet Wild

Have replaced the pedal switch and the solenoid. The issue is still the same.

Battery has 12.5 v

With key off there are 0 volts on both red and black small wires at solenoid.

Top of solenoid cable from battery has 12.5 v.

When key is on and gas pedal pressed there are 12.5v at both red and black small wires at the solenoid.

The top solenoid cable that goes to the starter remains at 0 volts.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-27-2019, 10:42 AM   #4
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

If you have 12 volts neg at the small black wire at the solenoid all the time (pedal off or pushed) and you have 12 pos when the pedal is pushed and the solenoid does not "click" or energize....you have a bad solenoid.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 01:21 PM   #5
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

From what you're saying in the top post, it's a bad (probably corroded) ground connection. Should have 12V+ on the red wire going into the main ignition switch. With switch turned on there should be 12v+ out of the ignition switch on the brown wire to the stop switch / accelerator pedal switch. When you push the pedal that 12V+ should go out on the red/white wire. That wire splits to the voltage regulator, starter/generator field & the solenoid. The ground side of the solenoid (small black wire) should be connected to ground at all times. Need to have both + & - to complete the circuit and switch the solenoid. Test it by connecting a jumper wire from the small black wire terminal on the solenoid to battery ground.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf YDRA wiring diagram Yamaha YDRA.pdf (271.1 KB, 0 views)
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 04:50 PM   #6
Easyriding
Not Yet Wild

Feel like an idiot, what had me off was I read there should be 12v in the small black wire at the solenoid at all times. I was getting ready to run a new small black wire to the battery ground. I ran my hand along the sheathing that the existing ground wire was in and guess what. There was a fuse rolled around to the bottom side(not visible) that was of course bad. I thought I had located all of the fuses and had checked them repeatedly. Turns out the entire issue was that 10A fuse on the small black wire between the battery ground and the solenoid. It was located where the wires in sheathing were running near the bottom inside edge of the battery and was rolled beneath where it wasn’t visible.
Old 01-28-2019, 04:31 PM   #7
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Glad you got it working. On the plus side, you are now more familiar with your cart.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha