lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-18-2019, 06:08 AM   #1
freshdaymusic
Not Yet Wild

Default Compare Plowmans Perf Kit with Hot Setup

So I’ve spent some time chatting with him on the phone. My in laws, who we will be visiting for a couple of months this summer, live 40 minutes from his shop in Michigan. I’m planning on taking my 1999 G16 to him next month to have some work done on it. It’s currently stock other than the lift/windshield/roof/backseat/aftermarket tires and rims I installed lol. Engine wise I’ve done nothing other than remove the governor which I am planning on reinstalling once he works on it.

I’m wondering which kit you guys recommend for low end torque and off-the-line acceleration. I am not interested in raising my top speed more than its current 23mph because it’s just a little scary at that speed right now with the lift and soft tires. But it doesn’t go up hills (in fact now it just sits there and won’t go up a hill and the belt squeals) has terribly slow acceleration.

I’ve pulled the carb, cleaned it thoroughly, made sure the air box is sealed, replaced all three gaskets, checked fuel pump and it’s flowing properly. Spark plug is clean and dry. Belt has over an inch of material. I think it’s just needing some love.

Don is recommending the performance kit. I’m wondering if the hot setup gives me a huge performance gain over the performance kit. Can anyone compare those who has had them? Is the acceleration increase and torque and hill climbing increase dramatic between the two? Wondering if it’s worth the $200.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
freshdaymusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-18-2019, 06:53 AM   #2
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default Re: Compare Plowmans Perf Kit with Hot Setup

I had the Performance Kit, and upgraded to the Hot Setup. Since then, I've had Don re-manufacture the engine and port and polish the head. The engine is still being broken in, and it's definitely got some zip.

The Hot Setup gives you a free flowing muffler, and your carb will be bored out by Don. The machine work on the carb is impressive. There's a definite performance increase with the Hot Setup. Well worth the extra money, IMO.

before

after

Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 05:42 AM   #3
freshdaymusic
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Compare Plowmans Perf Kit with Hot Setup

Ok that’s great info. That carb boring looks amazing. I think when my engine gets tired I’ll consider a rebuild and port and polish but for now my budget will be happy with just purchasing maybe the hot setup. Thanks for the input Dave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
freshdaymusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha