lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-22-2019, 10:09 AM   #21
alchemy
Gone Wild

Default Re: G16 flooding badly

no, I cleaned all the lines and passages and it's a new (but cheap) carb, can't tell if the pin is effecting but I may try to take it apart cautiously again and see if one side of the pin is out. I'm not sure it can even do that.
However, now it's not pumping gas but I would not be surprised if it can't and the bowl is full or the needle won't open for some reason. Some times you can't blow into the line going to the carb.
alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-22-2019, 03:47 PM   #22
alchemy
Gone Wild

Reconnected the fuel line at the filter after sitting overnight, wouldn't start for anything. Tried again later, finally got it to run putting gas in the hole in the air housing and varying my thumb over it. I found the fuel pump does seem to work but I also found it doesn't flow til the float needle opens every so often (now that I can see through the new filter housing). I'm guessing it might just need choked a lot longer than I do when it's been sitting.
I'm a good mechanic but in 45 years I've never had luck with carbs. Maybe I just don't take them seriously enough.
Old 08-24-2019, 12:53 AM   #23
alchemy
Gone Wild

seems like it might be okay now, might have just been a matter of more thorough cleaning, especially the line to the carb, new filter, choking it when starting after sitting, and disconnecting the fuel line til I install a valve. I think there is a slight leak through the needle even though it's new but a cheapo. The OEM needle someone mentioned makes sense. The type of rubber and it's hardness/softness/ solvent resistance is the kind of stuff trade secret thieves miss. I know , I'm a manufacturer.
Old 10-30-2019, 03:21 PM   #24
alchemy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Part number JN5-14150-00-00
going to try this, thank you!

same problem old and new carb, runs fine then the next morning the case and cyl is so full of gas it won't turn.
Old 12-15-2019, 03:08 PM   #25
gsellman
Not Yet Wild

Where can you buy this replacement carb needle for the G16 - or buy a rebuild kit. I've searched everywhere with no luck
gsellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 03:26 PM   #26
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsellman View Post
Where can you buy this replacement carb needle for the G16 - or buy a rebuild kit. I've searched everywhere with no luck
https://shopyamaha.com/parts-catalog...002/CARBURETOR

#12 and #16

Search the numbers. Partzilla is usually the cheapest...
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha