lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2019, 07:02 PM   #1
icyveins
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default 07 front tires fighting

cart pushes. spindle flats measure within 1/8 of an inch of each other with no weight on the front and tires off. re install tires and set back down and the suspension barely lets the tire come down into a good camber level. the steering is super jerky but I feel that is part of the toe that is not set correctly. I did find minimal play in the passenger side hub bearing and a little in the control arm bushing. any ideas or suggestions?
icyveins is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-11-2019, 08:32 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: 07 front tires fighting

The cart is probably on pavement when you are doing this. On pavement a single a arm front suspension will "scrub". Look up "tire scrub" and "toe settings" and you'll see what I'm talking about. When you set your toe "IN" 1/8" the tires want to follow that path, meaning left tire wants to go right, and right tire wants to go left. This creates lift in the front suspension. On pavement the tires grip the surface really well and will not scrub, or move laterally. On dirt, grass, or loose surfaces you won't have this problem.

Also, the reverse happens. When you go backwards the suspension will want to swat or compress on pavement.

To get rid of this action, simply dial in the front toe setting to as close to 0 as you can.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha