lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-12-2019, 05:14 PM   #1
tpboles
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Finally got the G9 Going, options for G9 light kits?

Hey guys, finally got an old G9 that was gave to me back in running condition. This forum is an unbelievable resource of information! Never had to post a question as most of the time it was already here and answered.

With that said, I am having a hard time trying to locate some lighting options for the ol G9 (I realize it's an older model). I really want a more factory look and not a light bar option. Anyone know if one the the cheaper $60 kits on eBay could be made to work with the G9? The only other kits that I have found are north of $150. Thanks again for all you guys provide here.
tpboles is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-12-2019, 05:28 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Finally got the G9 Going, options for G9 light kits?

From personal experience, I'm not real fond of the way the light kits look on the G9. And you can get a nilight 12" light bar on amazon that will blow any light kit out if the water in performance/light output. You can tastefully mount it on top of the bumper and tuck it in, wont really stand out but be crazy bright.

I'm doing a G2 now and got a pair of the nilight pods, not because I really care for the pod look, but because the previous owner already had some cheesy fog lights mounted to the top of the cowl and holes are already there ...
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 05:50 PM   #3
tpboles
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks CP241. I have a light bar on an electric G16. The light output really is fantastic and they are a whole lot cheaper than any kits I'm finding. Thanks for the input!
Old 09-12-2019, 07:20 PM   #4
grantspec
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
From personal experience, I'm not real fond of the way the light kits look on the G9. And you can get a nilight 12" light bar on amazon that will blow any light kit out if the water in performance/light output. You can tastefully mount it on top of the bumper and tuck it in, wont really stand out but be crazy bright.

I'm doing a G2 now and got a pair of the nilight pods, not because I really care for the pod look, but because the previous owner already had some cheesy fog lights mounted to the top of the cowl and holes are already there ...

Did you snag the G2 off of FB marketplace in south GA for $300? I saw one that looked just like your avatar and was so tempted to buy it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
grantspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 07:27 PM   #5
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantspec View Post
Did you snag the G2 off of FB marketplace in south GA for $300? I saw one that looked just like your avatar and was so tempted to buy it!

Sent from my iPhone using
Might be the same one, in alma. We had to use their mule to pull it out of the hole it was in, I'd bet it's been there for 10 Years :) it looks a lot better now though. Wasnt too far from me, really nice lady. Where are you at in ga?
Old 09-12-2019, 07:53 PM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

There is no such thing as a "factory look" for G2-G9 lights, since none were ever offered from the factory with lights. Mine has no holes chopped in the nose, and I would never consider chopping holes in it (a clean, smooth, uncut nose on these is hard to find, and looks best IMO). A light bar can easily fit between the bumper & body, tucked away, not sticking out looking all stupid. That cheapo light bar is way brighter than the two 55w halogens it replaced.

Dang, looking at that picture, I really need to clean my cart! I'm not a stickler for polish & shine, but jeez!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190912_174550741_HDR.jpg (162.4 KB, 0 views)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 07:55 PM   #7
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
There is no such thing as a "factory look" for G2-G9 lights, since none were ever offered from the factory with lights. Mine has no holes chopped in the nose, and I would never consider chopping holes in it (a clean, smooth, uncut nose on these is hard to find, and looks best IMO). A light bar can easily fit between the bumper & body, tucked away, not sticking out looking all stupid. That cheapo light bar is way brighter than the two 55w halogens it replaced.

Agree 1000%

The "factory look" ones I've seen always look really out of place.
Old 09-12-2019, 08:03 PM   #8
tpboles
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Man, I honestly never paid much attention to the space between the body and bumper. Thanks for the pic cgtech!
Old 09-12-2019, 08:06 PM   #9
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

2 out of 4 of my G2-G9s are cut, and I wish they weren't. I didn't do it, and there's no going back once it's cut. What ya gonna do when the headlight holder inserts are broken, and no one makes them? Left with holes you can't fill.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 08:19 PM   #10
tpboles
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
2 out of 4 of my G2-G9s are cut, and I wish they weren't. I didn't do it, and there's no going back once it's cut. What ya gonna do when the headlight holder inserts are broken, and no one makes them? Left with holes you can't fill.
Good point there.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha