lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-27-2020, 12:21 PM   #11
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default Re: Oil levels on a lifted cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Miller View Post
Hate to hijack this thread but... I have 07 gas Club Car XRT 800 w 6" Jake's double a arm lift, 23x10.5-12 rubber on 13" rims (off of stock caryall 272). Checked rear diff fluid and when I pulled fill plug the oil started coming out. From what I'm reading, and now see on my cart, the engine and rear sit at a slight angle. So, does that mean all oil levels are off? If you need to jack it up to check, what's the purpose, because you run it at the angle, not level. How do guys level it out? I saw something about dropping the front swing arm...how is that done? And wouldn't that just eliminate the front lift?
My experience is with Yamaha, but it might apply in your case. Raise the rear so the engine is more or less level. Drain the oil. Put it back on the ground. 1qt oil. Yamaha says no more than that. Check the oil, and scribe the new full on the dipstick. I jack it up when I change the oil to make sure it gets empty. I've never heard of a Yamaha having oiling problems with any of the available lift kits.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-27-2020, 10:59 PM   #12
Stewbuntu
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in VA View Post
. I've never heard of a Yamaha having oiling problems with any of the available lift kits.
Good to know. I was worried and thinking, why don't people adjust the engine angle or something. Like lift the rear engine mounts or something back there to lift it up.Your post makes me feel less anxious. You are the man and thanks for all your help on other questions too.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
Stewbuntu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 07:41 AM   #13
Jay Miller
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

From your experience, is the new oil level lower or higher than the factory markings on the dipstick?
I just changed the oil so I don't want to do it again right now. However, next oil change I'll pay close attention to engine level and capacity and make new marking on the dipstick.
Jay Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 08:19 AM   #14
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Miller View Post
From your experience, is the new oil level lower or higher than the factory markings on the dipstick?
I just changed the oil so I don't want to do it again right now. However, next oil change I'll pay close attention to engine level and capacity and make new marking on the dipstick.
I have no knowledge of ClubCar
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 12:38 PM   #15
Jay Miller
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thumbs up Re: Oil levels on a lifted cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in VA View Post
I have no knowledge of ClubCar
Understood. I was asking in general. I'll jump off and get in the appropriate Club Car area. Have a good one;)
Jay Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha