lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-26-2020, 09:23 AM   #1
Kellya1799
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default G29 FI will not run/fire after throttle cable adjustment

I am new to this. Looking for guidance. I recently purchased a 15 G29 Concierge. It was a slug only going around 10mph max. I adjusted the governor with no noticeable improvement. I then adjusted the throttle cable and was able to get to 17/18 mph but there was no real throttle control. It was either 75%-100% on or completely off. I could go fast but not an easy slow cruise. Now, after a couple days, it will not run. I push the pedal down, the starter turns, it sputters every now and then but no go. It ran fine/fast the last time I ran it(for about a minute this morning) to the back of my property. So it is just a tad warmed up. What did I do? What should I check? Update. I just let it sit for 30-45 mins. It started and ran for approx 40ft then died

Last edited by Kellya1799; 04-26-2020 at 09:46 AM.. Reason: Update
Kellya1799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-26-2020, 02:25 PM   #2
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Default Re: G29 FI will not run/fire after throttle cable adjustment

Obviously, get the throttle cables adjusted back to where they should be. Make sure the shorter cable did not break, Ive seen that before.

If that checks out, grab some carb spray, remove the air filter lid and shoot some carb cleaner in there while pushing on the accelerator and see if the cart starts, that will narrow it down a lot if it does. Let us know
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 06:57 AM   #3
Kellya1799
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G29 FI will not run/fire after throttle cable adjustment

As I was checking the basics, I found it was getting irregular spark. The spark plug wire was barely making contact at a L connector. I seated that thing tight, backed the throttle off a tad and now it is running good
Kellya1799 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
29 sputters
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha