lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-01-2015, 11:30 PM   #1
USCDude
Getting Wild

Default 2010 ezgo rxv

My cart lost power on Sunday and was hoping you guys could help me out?

On a FULL charge around 4:45 on Sunday with 450 lbs on it, I went to each mailbox to deliver a newsletter. After about 50 mins of stop and go the cart refused to go uphill at all. It literally had no torque. The power meter didn't even move and had a full charge on it. I had to stop my newsletter delivery and charge it back up. Later on that night I went out and had no issues?

I thought this thing should last 4 hours?
USCDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-01-2015, 11:33 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2010 ezgo rxv

Do you have high speed gears, live in a somewhat hilly area, and were doing All stop & go?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 11:46 PM   #3
USCDude
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Do you have high speed gears, live in a somewhat hilly area, and were doing All stop & go?
I don't know if I have high speed gears, I imagine I do. It goes up to 25 MPH. Yes, I live in a somewhat hilly area and yes it was all stop and go once we got started on our delivery route.

I just purchased my EZGO about 60 days ago. Sorry for being a newb!
Old 06-02-2015, 12:10 AM   #4
cgtech

Yamaha

25= high speed gears. If your battery meter was still showing full, your issue was likely motor controller heating to the point of reduced output (to protect itself from overheating). The constant starting/stopping is hard on a rxv with gears on hills. I have installed computer fans on rxv controllers, similar to the fan installed at the factory on the ezgo 2five model. Your dealer may or may not be interrested in trying it too.
Old 06-02-2015, 08:52 AM   #5
USCDude
Getting Wild

Quote:
25= high speed gears. If your battery meter was still showing full, your issue was likely motor controller heating to the point of reduced output (to protect itself from overheating). The constant starting/stopping is hard on a rxv with gears on hills. I have installed computer fans on rxv controllers, similar to the fan installed at the factory on the ezgo 2five model. Your dealer may or may not be interrested in trying it too.
Thanks so much! Do you have a link to one of these fans? How much are they?

One time I had used it earlier in the day and didn't recharge the battery. I went out around 7 pm to see a friend. He wanted to take a ride so I went for another 10 mins and the power meter was over 3/4 and it was barely running again.
Old 06-02-2015, 09:30 AM   #6
cgtech

Yamaha

Its just a regular 12v computer fan. I actually used a fan i scavenged from a fried yamaha charger . I would suggest using someone who knows what they are doing install it, messing with rxv wiring can be risky if not done properly.
Old 06-02-2015, 09:33 AM   #7
USCDude
Getting Wild

Quote:
Its just a regular 12v computer fan. I actually used a fan i scavenged from a fried yamaha charger . I would suggest using someone who knows what they are doing install it, messing with rxv wiring can be risky if not done properly.
Ah sounds like an inexpensive part. I have a 6 month warranty on the cart, so he's coming out to look at it. He says there is a software update on it.
Old 06-02-2015, 12:01 PM   #8
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Read really fast, so I may have missed something. Does it work when fully charged? Stop and go puts a LOT of stress on an electric motor/controller.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 12:34 PM   #9
USCDude
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
Read really fast, so I may have missed something. Does it work when fully charged? Stop and go puts a LOT of stress on an electric motor/controller.
Yes, it works fine when fully charged. Its quick and accelerates quickly.
Old 06-02-2015, 12:35 PM   #10
USCDude
Getting Wild

The problem I have is when I didn't charge it back up after using it earlier in the day. I had over 3/4 battery charge on the meter and I had two others in the cart just messing around riding and it went VERY slow. This happened at night and it was cool outside.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO