lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-07-2015, 03:32 PM   #1
palomba16
Getting Wild

Default 96 ezgo non txt just clicks.

I'm building this one for my kids and just got batteries for it. 37.33 is what I got, because one battery is not quite up to par. I think it should still move. I'm going to upload a pic of the set up so maybe someone can see something I'm not. thank you guy for the help.
palomba16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-07-2015, 07:03 PM   #2
palomba16
Getting Wild

Default Re: 96 ezgo non txt just clicks.

ok I can't upload a picture. but it's just clicking. it has a new solenoid I'm pretty sure the controller is good a new pedal swith and both switches on the f/r switch sound good. if I turn key put in forward and press pedal the volts go from 37.33 to 37.28 so I'm not sure what's going on. any ideas would be great. thanks
Old 07-07-2015, 07:25 PM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

seeing as how the solenoid CLICKS, the activation circuit is complete. so the issues is in the High Current circuit (big cables).....start checking every connection in the loop
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 07:48 PM   #4
palomba16
Getting Wild

so the cables that go the the motor and controller? does it sound like the controller is ok? I did have to replace the micro switch in the box under floor, but that u said seems to be working ok.
thank you
Old 07-07-2015, 07:51 PM   #5
palomba16
Getting Wild

the old solenoid had the diode on it but this one doesn't, that wouldn't effect it would it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150707_163407.jpg (257.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-07-2015, 08:24 PM   #6
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by palomba16 View Post
the old solenoid had the diode on it but this one doesn't, that wouldn't effect it would it?
yes it needs it.....it won't stop it from running but you need it, just take the diode off of the old one, and make sure you put it on the right direction.....it only goes one way. the stripe on the diode should be on the positive side small connections. ALSO there should be a resister across it too.....from one side to the other on the large posts.
Old 07-07-2015, 08:30 PM   #7
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by palomba16 View Post
so the cables that go the the motor and controller? does it sound like the controller is ok? I did have to replace the micro switch in the box under floor, but that u said seems to be working ok.
thank you
YES check ALL of the cables. YES it seems so at this point. and since you got the solenoid to CLICK when you barely push the peddle...the activation circuit is good.
Old 07-07-2015, 08:35 PM   #8
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Should work without the diode.

Difficult to see anything obvious in the picture. The conduit that is attached to the battery pack main +, is there a high current cable in there and where does it go. (should go to the solenoid)
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 05:57 AM   #9
palomba16
Getting Wild

Looking at the solenoid which side would be positive? the black and white smaller wires coming from the charging unit are connected to the batteries. the other wire with loom is the + for lights.
Old 07-08-2015, 06:58 AM   #10
palomba16
Getting Wild

I guess if someone could break it down for me that would be great. my controller has 3 big posts. what goes to what and I can check it all.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO