lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2015, 06:51 PM   #1
dietert
Not Yet Wild

Default Diagnostic code faults - not operating?

Hi all

First post because as you would probably guess, something's wrong with my cart. First off, I'm from Canberra, Australia and so time differences might mean any answer I make may take a while.

I have a 2006 EZGO TXT PDS standard 36 volt serial number 2343947 with a date code A2806. The other day when on the course it suddenly stopped. Could hear the solenoid clicking when the accelerator pedal was pushed but no forward (or reverse) movement. When in reverse, buzzer sounded and battery charge meter showed full. Put it in tow/maintenance mode and towed it home. Now in garage looking lost.

I have searched this site and managed to get a copy of the EZGO Repair and service manual 28646-G01 but so far not game to push and prod too far in amongst the wiring (particularly with the controller) with my multimeter.

I guess my first question is why can't I receive any fault codes when I put the cart into its diagnostic mode. I followed the procedure outlined on page F2 of the manual and after the 5th selection, I receive a single beep which I understand is the performance option the cart is equipped with. But after that, nothing.

Can anyone shed any advice where to go now. I am handy with tools and not afraid to have a go but need guidance as I'm no expert.

Thanks in advance.

I have checked all the apparent wiring and all seems fine, in good condition with no loose connections, frayed, burnt or otherwise. Multimeter reading between BL+ and BL- reads 37.9V 16 hours off charge. There does not appear to be a reed switch in the charge receptacle.

Dieter
dietert is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-15-2015, 02:38 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Diagnostic code faults - not operating?

You have to drive it 'till it craps-out, thats when the controller will beep the code.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 05:46 PM   #3
dietert
Not Yet Wild

Problem being the cart is not going. Might be there just isn't a fault to diagnose and so no code beeps. Never mind, I will continue with my tinkering. This morning having left he cart overnight, I pressed the accelerator pedal with key on and forward engaged and the rear wheels (it's jacked up) started to turn slowly, but stopped after a second or two. Further movement on the pedal couldn't get the wheels to turn.

Thank you.
Old 07-15-2015, 08:57 PM   #4
dietert
Not Yet Wild

Okay. So with my tinkering I have found that the white wire from controller F1 to motor F1 and the black wire from Controller F2 to motor F2 have worn/chaffed through where they pass through a P clamp/bracket that is bolted to the frame holding the batteries. This is on the passenger side. I will replace those and here's hoping they have not caused the controller to destroy itself.

Also have sorted the diagnostic codes. Everything I read so far about putting the cart into diagnostic mode failed to mention that after doing the 5 neutral/reverse switching, you then had to switch the power on at the key, put in forward and depress accelerator pedal. Doing this I got a "beep beep" which I interpret as 1 - 1 which means controller failure. Bugger. They're not cheap!!!
Old 07-15-2015, 09:16 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Unfortunately - the F1 and 2 wire chaffing till bare at the clamp can destroy a control. I had it happen to me on a brand new replacement control and so I learned a hard lesson which I keep this picture of. Hope your luck is better than mine was.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4938web.jpg (593.6 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 09:26 PM   #6
dietert
Not Yet Wild

That's it. Except the wires chaffed through at that bracket to the left of your pic. The two wires were at the bottom of the collective group. So I'll replace those and see what I come up with. Hope for the best, plan for the worst. In this case that's a new controller. Thanks for your response.
Old 07-15-2015, 10:00 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

If it is time for a new control, you could not have picked a better time to need one. Read here > http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...xct400pds.html
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO